Please Support AVManiacs By Ordering Through Our Affiliate Links.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: zombie 3

zombie 3

has anyone seen this? i just orderd it, i thought about ordering part 4 also so i could have the whole collection going

no longer posting
    If you order it now, you'll most likely get the 'Blockbuster version'. It will not have the commentary on it, along with another few extras(more interviews, I believe).

i ordered the media blasters ver. is that the block buster version or not

I believe Media Blasters was releasing a Blockbuster version first, then the regular version after that. If you end up with the Blockbuster version, I think you are supposed to be able to trade it in with them for the regular version when it's ready.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember reading.

That's what Blaster posted on Mobious, so yeah, you're right I would assume.

Good, because I got it tonight and there is no commentary on it. When they said the Blockbuster version, I just assumed that the one I bought at Frys would be OK. Today is the street date for it. Oh well, so long as I don't have to buy it again I don't really mind.

crank

Serial Necropheliac

Lightbulb Zombie 3

I actually found this film to be pretty decent. I mean, it doesn't have quiet the same effect as Fulci's Zombie 2 or City of the Living Dead, but it has many effective moments. The gore of course always helps. Also, I kinda found some parts pretty spooky. Especially that scene were Beatrice Ring gets chased by the zombie at the gas station. That scene nearly through me out of my seat! lol Most people seem to hate it...but they again most people hate Hell of the Living Dead that I also love so...
    "Evil doesn't come from broken mirrors, it comes from broken minds."

I personally feel that Zombi 3 is far superior to Hell of the Living Dead.

i like this film,ok so its naff to say the least but its entertaining and has some decent gore fx,one of the better zombie films to come from italy.didnt know about the shitty blockbuster version am i better off canceling my order with amazon because as i live in england i doubt they will give me another version when it comes out.alresdy got the jap dvd so maybe i should just stick with that?
    wanna grow up to be a debaser

OK. I pre-ordered Zombie 3 from my local comic-book shop months ago, before the "Blockbuster version" news came to light. So, the DVD arrived today, and, sure enough, it is the version without the commentary and the extra interviews.

Now, what do I need to do to get this version replaced with the full version? As usual, Shriek Show's web site is unhelpful (as far as I can see). Is there a particular e-mail address I can write to to find out what to do about trading up? And has anyone actually seen an official statement from Shriek Show on this matter?
    Franklin Harris
    www.pulpculture.net

I don't think the commentary version is ready, or will be for at least a couple more weeks (at the quick end). To the best of my knowledge, this is the first SS release to actually street the day it was originally supposed to, and the whole Blockbuster version thing is the only reason it did. I imagine when the better versions show up, more info will be avalaible. Until then I wouldn't fret though.

crank

What the hell is this "Blockbuster version" crap? Is it cut? Did I do right not buying it today at Frys?

I don't understand.

Really, I read the whole thread and I don't understand.
    ----------------------------93-------------------------------

I'm not sure if the Blockbuster version is cut, but it's missing the commentary (and the rest of the extras I assume). Personally I don't like the idea of releasing two versions. I didn't order this and probably won't, but if I HAD preordered it, I wouldn't be very happy with having to go through the hassle to get the full version.

I guess you did do right not buying it Chuk, though if you had, you should've been able to get it replaced when the full/regular version comes out.

no longer posting
    The 'Blockbuster version' isn't cut, and it does include some extras. If you can, wait until the retail version is out -- it'll be worth the wait.

I hope Media Blasters abandons this idea, it's rediculous.

no longer posting

The TWO versions of Zombie 3

Okay - two versions of Zombie 3 are on release. The first which it sounds like some people have picked up - is the Blockbuster version. This contains the full length uncut film - plus FIVE interviews (with Mattei, Fragasso, Loi, Dell'Acqua and Vanni) - as well as a still gallery plus trailers. This version was intended for Blockbuster not for retail.

Now, another version is coming out which is the RETAIL version - which should hit stores such as Best Buy, etc. This will contain the same gallery, same trailers, same FIVE interviews - PLUS the commentary and introduction by Beatrice Ring and Deran Serafian as well as an interview with SFX Franco Di Girolamo. The RETAIL version will be indicated by a white sticker saying "Includes commentary by Beatrice and Deran" or words to that effect.

For those of you unhappy with having the less extras version (ie. the Blockbuster version) - Media Blasters has promised that if you send inyour old disc they will replace it with the new, more extras edition - that should be coming out shortly.

The reason for the delay is that Blockbuster required the title sooner rather than later as they had had it on pre-order with Media Blasters. Also (as I am one of the freelance guys who do most of the extras for the Shriek Show discs) the reason for why the commentary, etc is coming out later is due to authoring. Mike and I only completed the audio commentary with with BR and DS at Beatrice's home in California - a month ago today - so there wasn't time for it to make the release of Zombie 3.

Hope these clears up a few questions...

As far as the date of release of this new fuller version - I don't know, I only do the extras - after that I am not involved . I can only assume the fuller retail version should be out in several weeks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast