Please Support AVManiacs By Ordering Through Our Affiliate Links.

Thread: Tokyo Idols

Tokyo Idols

A new documentary film is playing festivals titled Tokyo Idols. I haven't seen it but the subject matter is up my alley. I've seen the trailer and some interviews with the director and producer on YouTube. I wrote an opinion piece on this film based on what I saw. I am hoping a DVD gets released soon. Tokyo Idols
    My Japanese idol blog - This Is Your Wake Up Call!

Re: Tokyo Idols

There is a one hour version of this film that can be watched online, but only if you are in the U.K., and only for 3 more days. I'm in the U.S. so I'm out of luck. I wish someone would upload this to a website that anyone from any country could watch. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...le-tokyo-girls

Re: Tokyo Idols

Someone on Facebook alerted me to the fact that the BBC edit of Tokyo Idols, renamed Tokyo Girls, was on YouTube. So I watched it, then the video was deleted! But another upload in better quality is still there - for now. I hope. I wrote about it in my blog. If you're lucky you can watch it and judge for yourself. Me, I'm a bit pissed that the director apparently was trying to make a biased film. Tokyo Girls a.k.a. Tokyo Idols BBC Edit