Please Support AVManiacs By Ordering Through Our Affiliate Links.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Seven Movies: New Euro Cult Label?

Re: One Seven Movies: New Euro Cult Label?

Quote Originally Posted by John K View Post
    Can you tell us more about this letter / perhaps even post the full text? MYA has always been infamously silent and completely lacked a web presence, so it's interesting not only that this letter exists, but that it apparently explicitly ties the new company to MYA...
    It's a letter from the distributor, CAV, not direct from MYA/One7. But, here's the bulk of the letter:

It is our privilege to introduce a new label to the U.S. marketplace. One that builds upon the best traditions of Italian and European cinema, and is certain to gain cult status in the states quickly.

One 7 Movies was founded by one of the original partners of Mya Communications and No Shame Films. Expect the most classic, the most cutting edge, and the most sought after comedies, thrillers, science fiction epics, erotica, and much more...

All films have been beautifully transfered [sic] from original vault materials, and sleeve art design is eye-catching to say the least.
    The rest is just a request to screen/review the releases.

George Stover fan

I got an early look too. It certainly isn't Tinto Brass caliber in terms of a euro-erotica effort, but it has its moments. The A/V is very nice.

http://cinemaheadcheese.blogspot.com...ilda-1986.html

Polymorphous Pervert

Interesting. If One Seven is headed by a co-founder of No Shame and Mya, they may release high-quality, high-price DVDs like NoShame, but of course that company went out of business doing that. They also might release low quality (or to be fair, variable quality) DVDs at high prices and try to fool the public like Mya, but obviously that strategy isn't working anymore either. So who knows what they'll do,

I just don't like the movie "Scandalous Gilda", but I'd be interested to hear what their future releases are like quality-wise. There are a few titles Mya was planning to release that I want enough that I might even have bought 'em from THEM, so if One Seven releases decent-quality versions of THOSE, I'll definitely give them a try. . .

I don't maintain much hope. Weren't the first few of MYA's releases passable enough to fool us initially (VIRGO, TAURUS, CAPRICORN; DOOR INTO DARKNESS; etc....it was only around the time for FOUR FLIES that we began to suspect something was up...)

My thoughts on One 7's release of Scandalous Gilda:

http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/revi...lous_gilda.htm
    "One cannot 100% trust a screenshot that someone else made."

Well, it doesn't look like 'Alien From the Deep' is going to materialize when it's supposed to - Diabolik doesn't have it in stock and a couple of local places I frequent that always has stuff out early had nada. I was looking forward to this one.

EDIT: Never mind. Street date has been pushed back to March 8.
    Last edited by Luis Domenech; 01-11-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Well guys, it didn't take long for them to stumble. Just got in a review copy for Chinese Kamasutra, and the usual trappings have reared their ugly heads: letterboxed and transferred from an inferior source. From just skimming through, this doesn't look like it's taken from a VHS copy, which is something, but for an asking list price of $29.95, it leaves A LOT to be desired.

Don't dispute the mute. JaimieBriscoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Never let it be said that this 'new' company aren't optimists. You could buy the original 'rare' vhs tapes they use as their source for that kind of cash on eBay. Don't think this company will last long.
    maybe not, they'd probably only need to sell a half dozen to turn a profit

Figured I'd put an updated list in this thread of upcoming DVDs. As previously stated, be wary, especially at their price tag.

Criterion Dungeon -- One 7 Movies

Sex and Black Magic (1980)
    ( Orgasmo nero )
    ( Voodoo Baby )
    ( Black Orgasm )

Joe D'Amato

March 8, 2011

A man is doing research on an island where a strange tribe lives. The man's wife gets into a (sexual) relationship with a woman from the tribe and brings her back to the big city where problems begin to occur.

Sexy Pirates (1998)
    ( Predatori delle Antille, I )

Joe D'Amato

Supposedly March 8, 2011

Sir Francis Hamilton, ambassador of King Charles II, sails from England to Jamaica where he has to sign a peace treaty with France. On the way to the Carribean his ship is attacked by a band of pirates, headed by the dreadfully renowned George Rackman. As soon as they discover the real identity of their prey, the predators kidnap Sir Hamilton to ask his wife a huge ransom.

Transgression (1988)
    ( Trasgressione, La )

March 8, 2011

An angst-ridden college student fears that he will fail his impending test. The boy decides to take some drugs to chill down, but instead of relaxing he starts to hallucinate like a madman. While in his drug-induced dreams, he meets a wonderfully lusty woman who teaches him how to get all of his sex desires fulfilled. Eventually, he will have to go back to reality: but will his newfound lover let him.

Real Cannibal Holocaust, The (1974)
    ( Nuova Guinea: L'isola dei cannibali )

February 8, 2011

In 1975, Papua New Guinea obtained its long desired independence from the British Empire. A movie crew traveled to the island in order to shoot a film that would allow the Queen to better understand the laws and traditions of the natives. Looking for reality and truth, the cinematographers eventually got a lot more than they had bargained for..
    Review of film (NOT the DVD): http://www.filmbizarro.com/view_revi...=guineaama.php

Erotic Escape (1985)
    ( Fuga scabrosamente pericolosa )

April 12, 2011

In Bolivia, a political prisoner escapes from a labor camp. He takes a hostage who turns out to be the beautiful daughter of a wealthy landowner. The film is developed on the concept of "The Stockholm Syndrome".

Sex, Demons and Death (1975)
    ( Diabolicamente... Letizia )

April 12, 2011

Salvatore Bugnatelli directed this deliciously sick and twisted softcore melodrama about a married couple who adopt their pretty niece, Letizia (Franca_Gonella). What they don't know is that Letizia went through some pretty nasty times while she was away at college, turning her into a deranged sociopath. The cruel mental case sleeps with her uncle, her aunt, the gardener, and the maid, taking incriminating photographs of each conquest. Naturally, she then shows the pictures to the people who least need to see them, leading to multiple suicides and Letizia being left as the sole beneficiary of the family fortune.

Exotic Malice (1980)
    ( Sesso nero )
    ( Black Sex )

Joe D'Amato

April 12, 2011

Haunted by his feelings of guilt about his lover's suicide, Mark (Mark Shannon) is diagnosed with a prostate cancer that allows him only a few weeks of life. So he makes up his mind and goes to the island where many years before he first met a girl he desperately fell in love with. As soon as he sets foot on the island he stumbles into a woman who looks exactly like his late lover. Completely lost in his nightmares and plagued by ghosts, Mark gets involved in multiple and raunchy sex affairs, trying to shut down his fear about his own death.

So Joe D'Amato is to One 7 as Sergio Martino is to MYA...

Interested to hear more about 'I Predatori delle Antille', based on the year it was made, I assume it is going to be a hardcore film...?
    Mondo Esoterica.net - Over 400 cult film and DVD reviews from Hammer to Herzog

Erotic Malice? Are they just pulling titles out of their ass?

I do like the prospect of D'Amato titles, though the illegitimacy of the company unsettles me. With any luck I can just find them somewhere to rent.

I've been waiting for years for a decent DVD of Orgasmo Nero (Hear my plea, Severin). The X-Rated Kult DVD leaves a lot to be desired and the italian dvd is only a slight improvement. Seeing as these burglars have announced it, I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for another eventual release from another company.
    And titties! You likes big titties, don't ya?
    Oh, you know I loves big titties.

Quote Originally Posted by John K View Post
    Erotic Malice? Are they just pulling titles out of their ass?

I do like the prospect of D'Amato titles, though the illegitimacy of the company unsettles me. With any luck I can just find them somewhere to rent.
    I can't help but to think that the supposed illegitimacy of the company explains their title changes.

Fair enough.

Registered User Edward McDougal's Avatar

Def interested in some titles especially SEX AND BLACK MAGIC

So what is the consensus? Kinda of like a Mya? Some nice releases, some shitters?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast