most of our rules are still over two years old, and some of them no longer reflect what we feel is appropriate content for the site. as such, they have been overhauled - this post will contain all of the most important changes, but we recommend you re-read the rules page.
this will be an ongoing process, any new revisions made will be reflected in this post.
of course, the rules aren't just here for our benefit - if there's any changes you think are important, tell us here. also, the overhaul was intended to make the rules simpler and easier to understand, so if any bits fail that requirement in your eyes, let us know how you think they could be improved.
- movies reprinted by the copyright holder within the past 12 months are still safe, but copies of the reprint itself are not.
- movies are now automatically safe if their IMDB rating/votecount is low enough, or if there is no IMDB page at all.
- the old automatic safe list no longer affects safety decisions.
- the existing auto-unsafe rules supercede any auto-safe rules in all cases.
- the 12-month rule now applies to all content on site, not just movies.
- serial publications (magazines etc.) are now unsafe in their entirety if any edition was published within the past 12 months.