Please Support AVManiacs By Ordering Through Our Affiliate Links.

Thread: SASQUATCH announced from Retro-Media, How?

SASQUATCH announced from Retro-Media, How?

Retro-Media annouced SASQUATCH on dvd in some 3 pack at fangoria.com. http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3670 . If anyone knows this dvd label then please ask how they gotten this title,and if they do have a proper chain of title, for if not, I suggest them not to release the title. I was doing research on this film for another dvd company. The film was put together by a guy who owns a bunch of 30min Oilchange operation in oregon. the funding was from the entire section of a town (!). There was over 30 investors involved, according tot he director and producer! only way this turkey will be on video if the entire town agrees to it. If retro-media is releasing this as PUBLIC DOMAIN, then they are open target from any one and any relative of the surviving member who lived in a certain section in Oregon in 1976, which can be in the 100's. Retro-media will have several lawsuit paper coming in on this one, if this isn't cleared properly. there must be a reason why brentwood, Platinum, Treeline and diamond didn't touch this title. it's a legal nightmare, and despite Subversive Cinema wanting this bad, I could NOT clear any agreement with anyone involved, so I do hope Retro-Medial has somehow cleared the rights issue.

Re: SASQUATCH announced from Retro-Media, How?

Huh. What was the name of the town, do you know?

It was a town in Orgeon, I need to call the producer again, but I wouldnt call the director again, for he seemed upset that he was getting calls everyday from DVD labels asking for whom the owner was, and was tired of giving the same answer, that of the oilchange king being the owner!

Well, aside from Jiffy Lube the only other currently operating oil change chain that I can think of off the top of my head is Oil Can Henry's, and they're across the west coast. There's Valvoline shops around though, and I think there are multiple Classic Lube shops.

I'm spending too much time thinking about Oil Change shops, I reckon.

IMDb shows it was shot in the Mt. Bachelor area, which would make sense as it's the perfect spot for a bigfoot film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078203/locations

And an interesting interview here:

http://www.bijoucafe.com/innerviews/...innerview1.htm

The Master Would Approve! Ian F's Avatar

I need to bring this back after four years and just add this is one of the best bigfoot films EVER made. If you don't have it, go right now and order the Retromedia disc.

Any other fans?

Wait, Retromedia put this out over the objections of the Oil King?!
    *poop*

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    Wait, Retromedia put this out over the objections of the Oil King?!
    The Oil King got LUBED up the BUTT by Retromedia.

I was thrilled to find it on a dvd (probably the Retro version you guys are referring to here) with 2 other bigfoot/abominable snowman movies. It was called (the dvd itself) The Sasquatch Collection or something similar to that.

Brought back great memories for me!

The climax where they are attacked at night by the creatures scared the absolute bejesus out of me when I was a kid and saw it in the theaters. It was fun watching it again not long ago.

My favorite bigfoot movie after The Mysterious Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott E. View Post
    I was thrilled to find it on a dvd (probably the Retro version you guys are referring to here) with 2 other bigfoot/abominable snowman movies. It was called (the dvd itself) The Sasquatch Collection or something similar to that.

Brought back great memories for me!

The climax where they are attacked at night by the creatures scared the absolute bejesus out of me when I was a kid and saw it in the theaters. It was fun watching it again not long ago.

My favorite bigfoot movie after The Mysterious Monsters.
    Yep, that is the one I got. I actually thing I might give it a watch today when Jess gets home, the pizza is already on the way and the beer is already here!

It really is a great movie and despite its short running time, has a nice slow paced feel to it, it is slow at times, but it allows you to take in a lot of the scenery and nice shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F View Post
    Yep, that is the one I got. I actually thing I might give it a watch today when Jess gets home, the pizza is already on the way and the beer is already here!

It really is a great movie and despite its short running time, has a nice slow paced feel to it, it is slow at times, but it allows you to take in a lot of the scenery and nice shots.
    So how was it Ian? Did you sit back with Jess and your pizza & beer and have a ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott E. View Post
    So how was it Ian? Did you sit back with Jess and your pizza & beer and have a ball?
    Yeah, Jess didn't care for it, but I loved it. It really is one of the best Bigfoot films made, it has a great mix of real sightings, wonderful nature footage, catchy music, cool creatures and a nice leisurely pace, and even creepy.

The only downside is some of the characters are really stereotypical, but its about the only issue I have with the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F View Post
    Yeah, Jess didn't care for it, but I loved it. It really is one of the best Bigfoot films made, it has a great mix of real sightings, wonderful nature footage, catchy music, cool creatures and a nice leisurely pace, and even creepy.

The only downside is some of the characters are really stereotypical, but its about the only issue I have with the film.
    Cool!

I really enjoyed it as well when I saw it again a few months back. I also enjoyed "Snowbeast" on the same dvd with Bo Svenson. That was an old made-for-tv movie.

The 3rd one was a really low budget 50's movie about the abominable snowman getting captured and brought back to the U.S. city. Not very good, but hey, we're talking pure cheese here right?

walter o,

IIRC this is on the "Beast Collection" set. I just saw it in Sam's Club but as they had the Hercules Collection and War Gods Collection I got those instead. If you search for this on Amazon you should find it.