PDA

View Full Version : The Last Blood

Christoffer S
11-23-2004, 06:51 PM
HK actioner from the early 90s but shot on location in Singapore, with pretty funny plot and characters.
If you like HK style full on shooting I recommend this to you!

Denise*G
11-23-2004, 06:54 PM
i really liked this one a lot! i was surprised to read (elsewhere) that a lot of people don't like it. i thought it had the perfect balance of MA action, BB action, humor, drama, and over-the-top acting! fun stuff for sure! (i was also glad Jackie Chan wasn't in it :D)

Mike T
11-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Though an aging HK film buff's memory can tend to flag a bit after 20 years, I'm pretty certain that, as well as being shot in Singapore (in and around the capital, as well as on location at Sentosa) this was virtually the first and last time the Singaporean government allowed a HK film company to shoot there! Something to do with the scenes shot at the airport, and car chase in the capital, bringing the city to a stand-still... :eek:

But yes...I have a great soft spot for this one, it's awesomely fun! And wildly gory in parts to boot! Gotta love that axe-in-the-head gag! Loses a slight point for me due to presence of the terribly unfunny Nat Chan...but like Joe said, a rip-roaring bullet-fest and nice showcase of the insanity that is HK stunt teams (would you allow yourself to be blown-up on a moving motorcycle?) albeit with a tongue in cheek attitude. :D

If you look in the right places online (ie: HK retailers like DDDHouse (http://www.dddhouse.com/dddhouse/en/index.jsp?action=productDetail&productID=769) ) you can pick this up for as little as $4.00US!

Oops...gotta scoot, the new Andy Lau/Sammi Cheng romantic comedy YESTERDAY ONCE MORE has just gone up for pre-order...