PDA

View Full Version : 2046: For the Wong Kar Wai fans...

Mike T
11-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Mei Ah Entertainment (HK) have just notified me that they'll be releasing Wong's much ballyhooed film on November 27th! Two versions released, one standard (movie only) disc, one special (2 disc incl. bonuses) edition - both editions will contain the film in a HD 16x9 transfer, DTS sound (plus the obligatory Dolby).

No other word than that at present! Those who bought the Mainland Chinese PAL disc can now buy confidently a decent version...albeit in NTSC. There was no mention on the press release I received whether or not the disc will be Region 3 only (for those that haven't joined the multi-region revolution).

Cheers!

Joćo Bastos
11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Great news. I can't wait to re-watch it.
Now I just have to find a store that has it for pre-order...

UPDATE:
Layoyo has a 10/12 release date. Are you sure the date is correct?

Aaron G
11-22-2004, 08:11 PM
hopefully it's better than this version...i might wait until this gets a cinema release here Down Under, if it ever does:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReview6/2046.htm

Mike T
11-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Might be an idea to hold off on any pre-orders out of Hong Kong on this title until I have further confirmation as to what's happening with it! I received the below correspondence directly from Mei Ah concerning the HK release:

The said video title is supposed to have Chinese(traditional & simplified) subtitles ONLY. However, we are now seeking for the English subtitle to be included in both VCD & DVD. I think we shall have the answer by the end of this month, disregard whether our request is successful or not. We shall inform all the dealers once we have the result.

Will keep all of you WKW fans posted as further information comes to hand!

NB: Release date has been put back 'til December 10th, perhaps to accommodate the above rush for English subs on the HK release (?). The new release date means, if the English subs eventuate, that I will miss out on this one until early next year now due to prior travel arrangements.