PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Larraz

Bob Monell
10-10-2002, 07:44 PM
DEVIATION is a masterwork of sleazy psychological horror about a twisted brother and sister who kidnap a couple and subject them to physical and mental degradation. The man is sexually tortured and skinned alive, the woman is turned into a heroin addict. A grim look at the hippie era.

Troy Howarth
10-10-2002, 09:07 PM
VAMPYRES is very interesting, one of the few truly erotic horror films.

I very much want to see SYMPTOMS.

Betsy Young
10-11-2002, 12:10 PM
I saw BLACK CANDLES aka, THE SEXUAL RITUALS OF SATAN and I thought it was horrible. It could be the copy I had was a bootleg VHS and it was watchable but not great. I haven't seen VAMPYRES yet and want to very much.

Betsy Young
10-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bobmonell
DEVIATION is a masterwork of sleazy psychological horror about a twisted brother and sister who kidnap a couple and subject them to physical and mental degradation. The man is sexually tortured and skinned alive, the woman is turned into a heroin addict. A grim look at the hippie era.

Sounds like crap to me. I don't know...I'm really on the fence with this type of stuff. I had a hard time with HOUSE OF WHIPCORD because I just can't get into watching torture. But I can watch LAST HOUSE repeatedly. Go figure! ;p

Omshanti Green
10-31-2002, 01:12 PM
im going to grab this up later today does anyone know if the Anchor Bay DVD is uncut or not I know Blue Underground is doing it over I wonder why?

Omshanti Green
10-31-2002, 02:01 PM
Thank you sir this is an old favorite of mine I just ordered and can't wait to see it again

Paul A J Lewis
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Watching a couple of Larraz's British-set films recently, I'm struck by how distinctive Larraz's representation of British culture is: visually, these films are very rooted in their British locations, but at the same time it's still very much an outsider's perspective on British culture. (I'd say the same thing about Gary Sherman's DEATH LINE: visually, it's recognisable as Britain and in many respects it 'feels' very authentic, but there's something a little 'off' about the ways in which the characters relate to one another, which adds to the sense of unease created by the films.)

Cheers,
Paul

Mark C.
03-31-2007, 02:00 PM
I can recommend DEVIATION, I owned the tape many moons ago and eventually sold it to a guy in Germany for 70 U.S. dollars.
When the hell is VIOLATION OF THE BITCH coming out on R1 dvd!?!?
All I have are the Original poster and some stills in Pete Tombs book to entice me with.

georgeb
05-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Just caught Larraz's Symptoms. While it may be in the shadow of Polanski's Repulsion, it is still, I think, a well done film and Angela Pleasence is absolutely wonderful in the lead.

Steven Millan
05-22-2007, 05:52 PM
What's the status on Joseph Larraz's career lately(and anything new coming from him,film-wise),for since Bruno Mattei sadly passed away,we've got to keep a very close eye on our beloved cult horror filmmakers before it's too late.