ddirge
09-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Review of this title is up at DVD Verdict

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/stuffyahoo.shtml

:)

The Dirge

Ian Z.
09-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Lookin' forward to this one! And no, H.G. Lewis would not have been busy with BLOOD FEAST 2 as I understand this disc was only prepared somewhat recently, but I gathered from the SOMETHING WEIRD commentary that Herschell was bored with recording such tracks. Quite a shame.... and yes, they should track down Ray Sager for an interview!

chuckd
09-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Anyone know if Mal Arnold is still around? That would have made a helluva great commentary addition on the Bloodfeast dvd.

Ian Z.
09-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by chuckd
Anyone know if Mal Arnold is still around? That would have made a helluva great commentary addition on the Bloodfeast dvd.

As of a couple of years ago, he was. I know Friedman or Lewis said he was hoping to score a part in BLOOD FEAST 2 (what a shame they didn't let him in!). SWV really did a great job with those Lewis discs, but I'm sure their limited budget keeps them from going too far to get interviews and commentary.

chuckd
09-18-2003, 08:24 PM
That featurette with Harvey Corman & Bill Kerwin carving meat on the Blood Feast disc is priceless! Those were great dvds.

Ralph R
09-19-2003, 12:08 PM
It seems like the first Something Weird DVD's will be the best ones. They don't seem to be getting the special features they used to. They're releasing double feature DVD's, I guess, to make up for lack of features.

Nick Schwartz
09-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Well, I think SWV has a problem in that while extras are good, there are only so many extras they own that can be put on a disc and not be hardcore. ;) I imagine the ratio from 'presentable' to 'Gynecological' would be greatly in favor of the latter.

Still, if they want to release more triple-features, who am I to complain? While SWV does put out some good films, most of the time I buy them not for the movie but to see how strange it is and can be. So far, I have not been let down.

Ralph R
09-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Nick Zbu

Still, if they want to release more triple-features, who am I to complain? While SWV does put out some good films, most of the time I buy them not for the movie but to see how strange it is and can be. So far, I have not been let down.

Do you like the Catcom double features? Or the Brentwood boxed sets?

Nick Schwartz
09-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Somewhat. I've only seen a few Catcom flicks (which have surprised me in how nice some of them look) and Brentwood I'm picky on, as I'll get them because of the relative obscurity of those. Plus those ten movie sets are hard to argue against sometimes.

Raleigh B
01-15-2010, 11:05 PM
HG Lewis/SWV fan that I am, I guess you can call me one to still call this a keeper. Neither film really entertained me, despite the appearances of familiar faces, but still I could see them going down well with Drive In audiences in some neck of the woods - More likely too buzzed to even think about leaving while the girlfriend is sitting nearby and the possibly way past the sell by date food is still begging to be chowed down on. For my pick, This Stuff'll...is the winner.

One great thing about this disc is the commentaries, and the details served up here by Lewis Community Player (1967-1972) Daniel Krogh are great on both flicks.