PDA

View Full Version : Just got blown away by THE MISSION

John Short
09-16-2003, 12:41 AM
I can't help but feel a little behind the times revisiting all the Hong Kong pics I missed. Nevertheless it's really great to watch them with a completely fresh attitude and not take them for granted.

I have yet to see a Johnny To picture I didn't like and THE MISSION is no exception. The film, to me, seemed more laid back than some of the eccentricities found in HEROIC TRIO, HERO NEVER DIES and FULLTIME KILLER. Anthony Wong is edging up as one of my favorite actors of all time! I wish I could find a pair of those funky glasses that he wore in the movie so that I could at least PRETEND to be cool. And I'll never get that theme music out of my head!! When I lamented the other day about movies not being so great anymore a friend corrected me by saying, "They are...just in other countries" and he's absolutely right.

I hope those who've already posted about their love of this movie will forgive my fanboy ramblings...guess I just have to absorb these things at my own pace.

Randy K
09-16-2003, 10:52 AM
I enjoyed this one too John. I saw it 3 and half years ago though with alot of other current Hong Kong movies so I can't recall enough of it right now. Sounds like I need to pull the DVD out and watch again:D