Denise*G
09-13-2003, 01:37 AM
AZUMI
<li>Catalog No.: ASBY-2381
<li>Media: DVD
<li>Number of discs (or other units): 2
<li>Release Date: 2003/11/21
<li>Price: 5800 Yen(US$ 49.11)
Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura of "Versus" fame, this action-packed movie is based on a highly popular manga serial by Yu Koyama. Like his stylish and gory previous film, it wastes no time in getting down to business. The movie gets rolling as soon as the band of ten Samurai in training, including Azumi (Aya Ueto), the only swordswoman among them, is subjected to its final test. Once again, Kitamura demonstrates his awesome skills into camera movements and fight choreography. The unlimited supply of stylistic action scenes and wild visual feast are enhanced by his leaping and pouncing camera, wirework and CGI specal fx. At one time, the kick-ass heroine (in a cool, skin-tight "period" clothing) takes on as many as 200 foes. This limited edition double-DVD set comes housed in a special collectible box. The discs are housed in digipak(s). Disc 1 contains the main feature with optional subtitles in English and Japanese. Disc 2 consists of the Making of Azumi featurettes (expected total running time: 150 mins.) Regular edition also available (ASBY-2382)

I'm sure there will be plenty of different versions available from various countries, but I just thought I would post this info for anyone that is a purest and likes to get the real-deal.

(CD JAPAN (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp))

Black S.
09-14-2003, 04:34 PM
got mine on order.going to cost a fortune but it sounds excellent.

Jim Peavy
02-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Just caught up with this last night and was blown away. Made me feel the same way I did when seeing The Road Warrior for the first time (i.e., that I'd just seen something completely new and amazing). Word is Shusuke Kaneko (director of the Gamera trilogy and GMK) has directed the sequel.

Just curious: is this disc all-region instead of R2? I rented it from a local shop that didn't specify it was non-R1 (though I watched it in my region-free machine last night, so I wouldn't know).

Fantastic film. If you haven't already, see it!