PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else catch BLACK SAMURAI?

SokurahtheMagician
09-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Stumbled across this on the ACTION channel Friday night and could not tear myself away. Jim Kelly (I think its his name--the black dude from ENTER THE DRAGON) is some kind of secret agent trying to rescue his Japanese girlfriend from some nebbish Satanist. It was an absolute hoot--everything you'd want in a drive-in movie, including a sinister midget swinging Tarzan-like on a vine. Come to think of it, there were a LOT of midgets in this film! Anybody else see it?

Ian Jane
09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
I fucking love this movie!!!!!

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/A-D/black_samurai.html

That jet pack scene is the most jaw droppingly amazing thing I've seen in a long time.

Ken Brewer
09-08-2003, 08:17 PM
I caught it! If it has ole J.K. in it, I am there!!!
Still a few movies need top get a release! I know Death Dimension (aka The Black Eliminator, Kill Factor, The Freeze Bonb) in comong out soon! I hope.
Then all we need is Three The Hard Way, Take a Hard Ride, Golden Needles, Black Belt Jones, Hot Potato.
WOW!! That makes 6 movies still missing on DVD!! All I can say is they better have an SE of Black Belt Jones!!! I own all of these flicks already! But old VHS tapes suck!
Give me a digital AFRO!!!!:D
I would be happy to do reviews on any of these flicks!:)
Be Cool,
Ace

Ken Brewer
09-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Forgot about "The Last Match" An italian movie with Jim Kelly!! I do not have it! And would love to see it any way possible! It is directed by Ciro Santiago i belive. Also stars Ernest Borgnine.
IMB lists"Stranglehold" as a J.K. flick. But I own this worthless movie and als, no J.K.!!
Be Cool,
Ace

Bruce Holecheck
09-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Ian, you don't mention it in your review, but Brentwood's BLACK SAMURAI disc is actually a tv print eliminating all the nudity and cursing (including wholly gratuitous use of the word "nigger") that is intact on the old Continental Video release.