PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have The Santo Box Yet?

Jeff Gr
08-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Amazon, DVD Empire, and Borders all have this listed as being on order. Anyone know where it can be purchased NOW. Is it in stock anywhere? Has it been delayed?

Gary Banks
08-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Even cduniverse has it on backorder. Not sure if Creepyclassics has it available either. They do have Witches Attack & Diabolical Axe available already.

Joe L
08-02-2003, 05:15 PM
I got the box a week or more ago. My friend ordered it special for me from his video store. I haven't seen it available in stores.

Denise*G
08-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Chic Gandil
Amazon, DVD Empire, and Borders all have this listed as being on order. Anyone know where it can be purchased NOW. Is it in stock anywhere? Has it been delayed?

BEST PRICES has ONE LEFT for $28.22 - good luck!

http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/730475951384IE.html

Nick Schwartz
08-04-2003, 12:30 AM
I was about to ask the same thing, I ordered the thing through Amazon by check a few weeks before they were supposed to get it. Now the shipping estimate for July 31 is a complete sham! :(

But on the good side, Bestprices is shipping me the Treasure of Dracula disc and the Crying Woman one in mid-August...maybe in time for the box set?

Nick Schwartz
08-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Well, Bestprices came through and got me the Treasure of Dracula disc today with Crying Woman coming soon as well. I just sent Amazon an email inquiring where my order is, I'll inform the rest of you of what they say.

So far, the Treasure of Dracula looks wicked. Not remastered that much, but certainly a pleasure to have!

Nick Schwartz
08-08-2003, 04:22 PM
From Amazon:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our
original availability estimate. We have learned that "Santo: The
Monsters Box Set 1" is now back-ordered, and our supplier has not
been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in
stock. I apologize that you were not notified sooner of this change
in availability.

Please accept our apologies for this delay. We appreciate your
business, and would like to give you a $5.00 promotional certificate
for use toward your next Amazon.com order.

Well, I'll have to wait but I got a free $5 out of it. Now the wait shall begin.

Nick Schwartz
08-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Wait ends: the box set shipped today and it'll be in my hands as fast as UPS Ground can get it there. Plus the Crying Woman is now pending shipment from Bestprices....

I can't wait! Woot!

Jeff Gr
08-12-2003, 09:09 PM
I missed out on the Best Prices deal, but DVD Empire shipped my Santo Box Monday morning, so I could have it by tomorrow.

Nick Schwartz
08-13-2003, 12:05 AM
So it's safe to say the Box Set is back.

Nick Schwartz
08-13-2003, 01:44 AM
Santo Box Set #1 at Bestprices, still under $30! (http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/730475951384IE.html)

It's not in yet but it will be sooner or later. Only reason I got it from Amazon for $34 (with free shipping) is because I ordered it before it came in and got jacked up seven bucks.

Jason P
08-13-2003, 02:41 AM
DVD Empire has realtime stock and they're showing the box as in stock.. The price isn't bad at 35$ for 4 movies.. If you went the box route instead of buying seperately you're basically getting a movie free.

Nick Schwartz
08-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Considering the opinions so far on the Santo/Blue Demon vs. Rufus disc, that's probably for the best.