PDA

View Full Version : R1 Lone Wolf & Cub: Sword Of Vengeance DVD specs?

Denise*G
07-28-2003, 09:16 PM
sorry if this was posted before, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the specs for the AnimEigo release of Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword Of Vengeance?
I don't like the price (MSRP $29.95) but I am still interested to know what the extras will be.

STEVEIGNORANT
07-29-2003, 12:37 AM
I picked this up 2 weeks ago and loved it. The extras are....trailers for 3 LW&C films and the zatoichi the outlaw film.

On a similar note, CD universe was the only one to have this for order. I ordered this one and baby cart at the river styx. Sword of vengeance came and baby cart was backordered and supposedly came out on July 22nd. I know Ani has both of these for sale on their website, so I guess baby cart is finished. However, cduniverse pushed the release for this one back to 9-9-03 and now sword was also pushed to 8-26-03. I am scratching my head because I bought SOV from cduniverse. Anybody know anything?

Jim Lee
07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
You can get these directly from the Animego website right now.

I do think the price is a little steep but what the hell these are some great Samurai flicks & they did a great job remastering them.

sunburn
07-29-2003, 06:25 PM
I think i'll just have to pick 'em up, they have spent an awful long time working on them and i do indeed love these films. However,since the price is quite high,and there are no real extras,do you guys think they may throw in a gift certificate, to say.......... my local liquor store...you know....just to show some customer appreciation?

Nick Schwartz
08-04-2003, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I've been gnawing about paying $30 for a flick....but then again, if I could do it for I Drink Your Blood, the Lone Wolf flicks are a damn shoo-in.

Mike P
08-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Did you hear about this? http://us.imdb.com/Title?0367983

J Dewey Wallis
08-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Yeah, actually that is one of may "possible" projects Aranofsky has been flirting with for a couple of years. Others inculde adapting Frank Millers Ronin and Batman Year One. But he hasnt gotten the greenlight on any of them. His last film (The Fountain)fell apart right before filming so his schedules open.

Al Edwards
08-06-2003, 08:54 AM
For fans of the LW&C films, manga series, or both, in the latest video update of European Trash Cinema, they are selling the first two episodes of the LW&C tv series.

Omshanti Green
08-08-2003, 03:50 PM
you can get them cheap from a seller I have bought from several times she has one of the coolest names on ebay " kungfumama " her price is right she has the lonewolf TV show cheap among other things