PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to but Sex Medusa?

Jason Cook
07-05-2003, 02:48 PM
This title looks interesting but for some reason I know it probably sux.(According to my instincts)

Does anyone have any feedback or is anyone anxiously awaiting for this title to come out?

Raymond Marble
07-06-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Jason Cook
This title looks interesting but for some reason I know it probably sux.(According to my instincts)

Trust your instincts!!! You can't judge a DVD by looking at the cover. The snake hair Medusa girl pictured on the cover is less than 3 seconds of cheezy efx in a medium shot at the end of the movie. Other than that there is some bad morphing from snake to girl, a long tongue effect and some CGI to give Nomoto Miho a snake face with green cat's eyes in the final scenes. Carrie Ng is wasted as some kind of scientist who looks through a microscope for half the movie. Tsui Kam Kong plays a Mr. Nice Guy type who finds the nude snake girl in an alley. (The guy who dubs him on the English track has a high feminine voice, Elvis should sue!)
I bought the HK version a while back. DDDhouse lists it as all-region PAL but it played fine WS on my Apex. Case says rating is IIb, movie intro lists it as Cat III but its pretty mild, with bare butt, a few topless scenes and some non-explicit rolling around.
Save your money and get a MUCH better CAT III horror-sleaze movie like Erotic Nightmare, Eternal Evil of Asia or the Korean Herapurple: Devil Goddess. My Ebola Syndrome VCD is far above this crap, even if Sex Medusa is now only $40HK and Nomoto Miho shows two points. I'd rather have one of those Korean adult movies with no English subs.

ROBERT BLACK
07-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Can you tell us about Devil Goddess? I believe I've seen this title on vcd(no subs) around Chinatown, this weekend.

Ian Jane
07-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Devil Goddess review here.....

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/E-H/hera_purple.html

ROBERT BLACK
07-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks Ian. I've yet to see a cheap(seems appropriate, somehow) HongKong dvd of this one. Just a Korean vcd.

Ian Jane
07-07-2003, 04:22 PM
The Pathfinder DVD can be picked up for just over $10 or so.

ROBERT BLACK
07-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Canadian?:D I could probably get the HK DVD for that much. But if it's a better transfer(I somehow doubt it) then I'll consider it. I'm saving up for August DVD mania.

Ian Jane
07-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Understandable. I have no idea if the transfer is better or worse than any other version out there, as I honestly have only seen the version in the review.

Raymond Marble
07-08-2003, 10:20 PM
I KNEW I'd seen a good review of Hera Purple somewhere and here it was, right in our own back yard. I think Ian's review was the first place I heard of Hera Purple:Devil Goddess (which sounds like anime) and I was surprised that Netflix had it available.
This is one of those rental DVD's that I watch for about 20 minutes, then fast forward a bit and then check online to see where I can buy it. Found it on half.com for $10 plus shipping.
I'm glad Ian posted the review link, I certainly didn't want to have to try and explain the plot.

Ian Jane
07-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Glad I could help :)

David Huber
03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
HERA PURPLE DEVIL GODDESS is insane fun and isn't talked about much. It's definitely worth a watch and can be picked up cheap online- this is Ian's old review to whet your appetite.

Devil Goddess review here.....

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/E-H/hera_purple.html