PDA

View Full Version : Retromedia Joining Up with Image Entertainment

Al Edwards
06-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Just saw over at the fangoria website of the company Retromedia joining up with Image Entertainment. Any thoughts?

Al Edwards
06-24-2003, 08:56 PM
The first three titles of this teaming will be Nightmare Sisters, Biohazard, and Werewolf in a Girl's Dormitory.

Jeff Gr
06-24-2003, 09:04 PM
Hopefully this will bring a higher level of quality to the transfers. I would love to see Nightmare Castle (that was Retromedia wasn't it?) remastered and released under its proper title.

Joe L
06-25-2003, 06:34 AM
For us fans this is a great move. More titles to be seen, and probably better transfers and treatment from Image. How could this be wrong?

Jeff M
06-25-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Chic Gandil
Hopefully this will bring a higher level of quality to the transfers. I would love to see Nightmare Castle (that was Retromedia wasn't it?) remastered and released under its proper title.

I just watched my copy of this last night - man, what is with that weird dog-howling-clicking recurring noise for the first 6-7 minutes???? Was this an attempt by Retromedia to "protect" their 'remastered" version from bootleggers by adding sound effects? Or possibly just a mastering error.... Whatever, it's really annoying and pretty much ruins the start of the film. The rest of the transfer doesn't bother me that much (the flickering wasn't that annoying), but it's clear this film deserves a better presentation.

Nick Schwartz
08-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Ah damn. The only thing keeping me from buying more Retromedia stuff is the lack of really good remastering. Their hearts are in the right place....but still, their stuff should be given the digital treatment.

Joe L
08-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by The Chaostar
In that case it is a bad move. Retromedia's DVDs suck big time.

Not "all" of them.