PDA

View Full Version : Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - God Is In The House

Ian Jane
06-06-2003, 02:30 PM
From NME's website.......

NICK CAVES IN TO DVD

NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS have announced details of their first DVD 'GOD IS IN THE HOUSE'

Released on August 4, the DVD contains live footage from Le
Transbordeur in Lyon, as well as documentary 'No More Shall We Part - The Recording Sessions', which was recorded at Abbey Road.

Also featured on the DVD are the videos for 'As I Sat Sadly By Her
Side' and 'Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow', the latter featuring cameos from Jarvis Cocker and Jason Donovan, plus the video for the Australian released single, 'Love Letter'.

The tracklisting for 'Live At Le Transbordeur' runs:

'Do You Love Me?'
'Oh My Lord'
'Lime Tree Arbour'
'Red Right Hand'
'As I Sat Sadly By Her Side'
'The Weeping Song'
'God Is In The House'
'We Came Along This Road'
'Papa Won't Leave You, Henry'
'Hallelujah'
'The Mercy Seat'
'Into My Arms'
'Saint Huck'
'The Curse Of Millhaven'

kevinperson
06-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Nice to see a song from his Murder Ballads album.

Ian Jane
06-06-2003, 03:28 PM
I personally would have liked to see more older material on the setlist, but I'm happy to have this coming out at all.

Denise*G
06-06-2003, 05:12 PM
cool!
but I hate when music videos are included on such releases, when a entire DVD devoted to JUST music videos could be released (and has been already on VHS, but of course not with those two songs) - BUT, I really shouldn't bitch about it since I am pleased this is being released at all on DVD. I just hope it sells well so they release DVDs of ALL the OLDER stuff that has been previously released on VHS.

I'll add this to my list of new music DVDs in addition to the GBH, UK Subs, Love & Rockets and Siouxsie DVDs. (now I just wish the Slayer & Devo discs would be released)

Ian Jane
06-06-2003, 05:25 PM
The Slayer disc is out in the summer :)

Denise*G
06-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Ian Jane
The Slayer disc is out in the summer :)

hope it's good! I think they have steadily gone downhill with each release since Reign In Blood, but I still want this DVD!

mark t
06-07-2003, 02:36 AM
If i was in the mood for another drunken "Best song ever recorded" thread, Curse of Millhaven would win it. That song fucking rules everything.

Kristian R
06-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the great news! Cave is always awesome live...

iggyp
06-07-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm highly disappointed... the quality is that of VHS... the audio is ok, but i expected these videos to be remastered at least... i also could not locate a video for "If there's a heaven above" which i most definitely remember watching on MTV...

Iggyp

Denise*G
06-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by iggyp
I'm highly disappointed... the quality is that of VHS... the audio is ok, but i expected these videos to be remastered at least... i also could not locate a video for "If there's a heaven above" which i most definitely remember watching on MTV...

Iggyp

I haven't received my DVD yet... but I have the Haunted Fish Tank laserdisc, and it wasn't that clean looking either.
the one thing about "alternative" videos is that there was always a heavy amount of "artistic grain" :D
I highly doubt any studio would put in time to "remaster" even the sound for such a small band.

for anyone that is interested in it, the content listing is:

<b>The Haunted Fishtank</b>
Ball of Confusion
Yin and Yang (the Flowerpot Man)
All In My Mind
Mirror People
The Dog-End of a Day Gone By
Motorcycle
So Alive
The Bubblemen Are Coming

<b>More! Love and Rockets</b>
No Big Deal
Sweet Lover Hangover
Holy Fool
R.I.P. 20 C.
David Lanfair (audio Track)

<b>Daniel Ash</b>
This Love
Walk This Way
Here She Comes
Get Out Of Control

<b>David J</b>
I'll Be Your Chauffeur

<b>The Bubblemen</b>
The Bubblemen Rap (audio track
Dub Rap (audio track)
B-Side (audio track)
The Bubblemen Comic

(but to get back on topic a little)
I wish MUTE would release: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "Live At The Paradiso" DVD. from what I remember, that was a great VHS.

Ian Jane
06-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by trollech
I wish MUTE would release: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "Live At The Paradiso" DVD. from what I remember, that was a great VHS.

I second that. I also wish the one mentioned above had all the videos on it, not just some. Oh well, I've still got my VHS copies and that'll have to do.

Edwin Samuelson
06-07-2003, 05:38 PM
GOD ISN'T IN HIS HOUSE! He is in Frank Black's house though. :D

Ian Jane
06-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Yeah, yeah. Whatever, crazyhead.

Denise*G
09-08-2003, 04:47 AM
ok... WTF is the point of making a concert / documentary / music video DVD all LETTERBOXED and not making it anamorphic? a BIG negative for this DVD just because of that. otherwise it's an excellent disc.

oh, and Blixa could have been turned up more in the mix!:D
((((and it was great to have St. Huck(ah) on this!))))

Ian Jane
09-08-2003, 12:57 PM
When I saw them on the last tour Saint Huck was the highlight of the show. But I agree, it would have been nice if it were 16x9 but otherwise it's a pretty good package.

And Blixa can always be louder in the mix!