5. The Joshua Tree
6. All That You Can't Leave Behind
7. October
8. Rattle and Hum
9. Pop
10. Zooropa

Jared M
05-06-2003, 09:09 AM
i'm not a huge U2 fan, but i still like their older stuff. i'm gonna go w/ WAR, JOSHUA TREE gets a close second place.

Gary Banks
05-06-2003, 01:33 PM
I went with Unforgettable Fire although War & Joshua Tree came close.

Paul Freitag
05-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Acthung Baby was partially responsible for getting me laid once.

I, therefore, must grant it my vote.

Betsy Young
05-06-2003, 03:38 PM
I voted for October (with Boy, tying) because it best represents their punk-wannabe image. Here is how I rank the U2 albums I have:

1. October
2. Boy
3. War
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Joshua Tree
6. Achtung Baby
7. Zooropa (this one is incredibly bad)

kevinperson
05-06-2003, 04:29 PM
I voted for The Unforgettable Fire.

Does anyone here appreciate their 'cousins' Big Country? Big Country's first two albums are so god damn amazing!

David P Hagermin
05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Big Country was a great band! I love their first three albums, THE CROSSING, STEELTOWN and THE SEER. For some reason, they discarded their distinctive sound and tried for a more simple American Rawk approach on their fourth album, the truly atrocious PEACE IN OUR TIME. They never regained their footing after that and quickly stumbled into obscurity.

Betsy Young
05-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Linsky
Big Country was a great band! I love their first three albums, THE CROSSING, STEELTOWN and THE SEER. For some reason, they discarded their distinctive sound and tried for a more simple American Rawk approach on their fourth album, the truly atrocious PEACE IN OUR TIME. They never regained their footing after that and quickly stumbled into obscurity.

I loved their first three albums but I never bothered to check out their latest one, mainly because I didn't think the group was still around. It probably wouldn't apppeal to me especially if they abandoned their original sound for something more 'contemporary'.