PDA

View Full Version : Pay To Get Out Alive Flm Festival - Dayton Ohio

Andy Copp
11-11-2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Englewood-Ohio/Pay-To-Get-Out-Alive-Film-Festival/138633436187047

Friday December 17, 2010

9:30 pm until 9:30 am

$15 admission

After the first 2 hours, every hour you manage to stay you can earn back $1 of your admission price. So if you manage to stay the whole duration your actual admission will be only $5!

But managing to sit through the onslaught of these crazy films could be damaging to your sanity!

The movie (so far) are as follows

RUBBER'S LOVER (Courtesy of Uearthed Films)

THE GEEK (Softcore version) (Courtesy of Something Weird Video)

ROAD OF DEATH (Courtesy of SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO)

APHRODISIAC: THE SEXUAL SECRETS OF MARIJUANA (Courtesy of SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO)

Plus some insane educational shorts (Could Scott Baio stoned off his ass make an appearance?), kiddie films (perhaps with stop motion animated talking doggy poo?), and more trailers than you can shake your ass at.

Other features could possibly include THE LEMON GROVE KIDS and/or CAGED VIRGINS (from 35mm if all works out), or some really frightening SOV masterworks to be announced later.

At the
Englewood Theater
320 W National Rd
45322-1403

Come hang out and have fun! If you dare!!!

Randy Thomas G
11-12-2010, 02:57 AM
That looks like a load of fun but inflicting THE LEMON GROVE KIDS on people could be a capital offense. :D

Edward McDougal
11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Thats rad

We have a 35mm print of Lemon Grove kids

But seeing CAGED VIRGINS (as I am a Rollin fanatic) in 35mm would be sooo epic!

Wish I was still in Kentucky, I would come up.

Will the other films be in 35mm?

Andy Copp
11-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Those two are the only 35mm at this point unless something changes (which could happen). CAGED isn't 100% confirmed I'm still working out details there.

The others are all DVD Projected obviously, but the whole point is the experience of this stuff in one sitting.

Tim Mayer
11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow. Didn't even know Englewood even had a theater. I have been out of the Gem City for too long.
Couldn't get the Neon Movies?

Andy Copp
11-13-2010, 12:14 AM
They twinned the Neon back in 2000 so it is basically two shoebox theaters now. The cat who runs it is a super nice fellow, but it is extremely small. They almost never run genre stuff either (though WINTER'S BONE had a good run) so this kind of thing wouldn't work there. But I've had my premieres for my own movies there. But the Englewood has been the home for my annual HORRORAMA event since 2002. They are a good sized classic neighborhood storefront theater and probably THE last independently owned one in the area. Good people run it and I love working with them.

If this special even comes off I think there may be some other crazy film events in the future there.

Aaron G
11-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I'd go if I was in the area. Sounds like fun!