PDA

View Full Version : Jill Clayburgh RIP?!

Marshall Crist
11-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Didn't see that one coming. RIP

Steven Millan
11-06-2010, 01:31 AM
None of us did(as with many celebrities that we've lost in the last 5 to 8 years),for ironically Jill also starred as Jill Ireland in the cancer struggle TV movie LIFE WISH,which featured Lance Henriksen as Charles Bronson(!!!!).

Wayne Schmidt
11-06-2010, 01:41 AM
It's "Clayburgh", but definitely RIP . . . 67 is mighty young.

Marshall Crist
11-06-2010, 02:01 AM
It's "Clayburgh", but definitely RIP . . . 67 is mighty young.

Nice, I even Googled it first to check the spelling and still got it wrong. Would edit the thread title if I could. Mods? She desrves better.

The report I read said she was 66, so either Wayne "The Corrector" Schmidt is wrong, or I am doubly wrong. I'm guessing the latter. I blame the internet. And cancer, which is evil bullshit.

Jonathan H.
11-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Nice, I even Googled it first to check the spelling and still got it wrong. Would edit the thread title if I could. Mods? She desrves better.

The report I read said she was 66, so either Wayne "The Corrector" Schmidt is wrong, or I am doubly wrong. I'm guessing the latter. I blame the internet. And cancer, which is evil bullshit.

RIP, Ms. Clayburgh.

The reports are saying she was 66 and her birth date is listed as April 30, 1944 in several places so this would appear to be correct.

David F
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
2010. Not a good year for losing good people.

CarterStevens
11-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I was lucky enough to go to a screening of Midnight Express with Jill at Cannes in 1978. She was there with the rest of the cast of An Unmarried Woman and I was there selling Punk Rock. We were supposed to go out to a disco afterwards but we were both so bummed out by ME we called it an early night. I never saw her again. It is a real shame. She was my age and I have good reason to say she went too young. She was truly a classy lady. R.I.P.

Wayne Schmidt
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
RIP, Ms. Clayburgh.

The reports are saying she was 66 and her birth date is listed as April 30, 1944 in several places so this would appear to be correct.I stand humbly corrected. I think I got it from MSNBC, but don't remember. Anyway, that's even worse. But I salute her courage and class . . . . she evidently suffered with it for over twenty years. No one but immediate family knew. I would love to think I could approach that bravery if the situation was mine.

Marshall Crist
11-06-2010, 03:17 PM
But I salute her courage and class . . . . she evidently suffered with it for over twenty years.

Wow.

BTW, thanks for the H, mods.

Jonathan Douglas
11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
2010. Not a good year for losing good people.

Very true sadly, Harold Gould and George DiCenzo also passed away a couple of months ago. I liked her and she seemed like a nice person too, especially enjoyed her in one of the best 70s comedies SILVER STREAK. R.I.P.

Emanuele Sheriff
11-06-2010, 03:44 PM
What a shame. She was a very talented actress though she didn't seem to make that many films from the 80's onwards (unless I missed most of them ). RIP