PDA

View Full Version : Dvdpacific

Patrick B.
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know if DVDpacific still writes a lower price on their receipts?

Mark C.
10-30-2010, 07:42 PM
not anymore.

Patrick B.
10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the answer Mark.

Assholes.

Mark C.
10-30-2010, 07:57 PM
strangley its still the only company I never get dinged for customs.

Patrick B.
10-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Hm. Customs always screwed me over before they started writing a lower price. Do you know of any other good sites that write a lower price?

Jimmy Simard
10-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Diabolik DVD, Alternative Cinema and Video-X-Pix usually do it for me when I order.

Jack J
10-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Do you know of any other good sites that write a lower price?

DDDHouse and Yesasia write down their prices (even without your having to ask). Yesasia usually write something like 33 DKK on my parcels no matter how much I order. It's rather amusing as they don't even have to since they ship their stuff from INSIDE the EU, haha.

Patrick B.
10-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Diabolik DVD

Yeah, same here. But their prices are a little higher. And when ordering 10 DVD's it get's very much higher. But I guess that's the way to go. Damn you DVDpacific.

Mark C.
10-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Do you guys in Norway get high customs prices? Here in Canada its usually a 5 dollar flat rate and then 5 percent of whatever the value is.

Jimmy Simard
10-31-2010, 04:04 AM
Depend of the province you live in. If you are lucky enough to live in the most taxed one like me it's 5$ + 5% + 7.5% (that will become 8.5% in january next year and 9.5% in the following one)...

Mark C.
10-31-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm in Alberta so no Provincial tax only gst.

Patrick B.
10-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Do you guys in Norway get high customs prices? Here in Canada its usually a 5 dollar flat rate and then 5 percent of whatever the value is.

When it's slighty over $30, which is the limit, it's around $18 in custom fees. And if I where to order all these DVD's I'm planning to order now and get caught, it will be around $50-60 in custom fees. It's around 25 percent of the value, plus $12 just to open the damn package. Fucking hate customs here in Norway.

Jack J
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm not in Norway but in a different part of Scandinavia but I'd be surprised if their customs fees are any cheaper than ours. There's a value limit on stuff you're allowed to order from non-EU countries. That limit is approx $15 (including postage!). If you buy a DVD or video tape that exceeds the $15 mark (and provided your parcel gets caught in the mail) they charge you the (bloody) Danish VAT tax which is 25% of the price and then in addition to that the post office charge you $30 for being so nice as to filling out the tax papers and charging you!!!

Mark C.
10-31-2010, 05:44 PM
so is this for parcels or any piece of mail, like one single dvd in bubble wrap. I know here customs only really bothers with parcels, single or double dvd packages are usually left unmolested.

Jack J
10-31-2010, 05:53 PM
so is this for parcels or any piece of mail, like one single dvd in bubble wrap. I know here customs only really bothers with parcels, single or double dvd packages are usually left unmolested.

Technically it's the value of the piece of mail that counts, not whether it's a parcel or letter. But they usually don't check bubble wrapped letters with only one dvd/cd in them. And of course if you get the store to write down the value you needn't worry.

RichardDoyle
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Hmmm ... it's rare that customs ever looks at or charges me anything.

Emanuele Sheriff
11-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, there's always a first time. And once your name's in their computer, you get nailed for nearly every parcel unless the value is written down ( and due to scare tactics from Postal authorities there seems to be fewer willing to do it than before). Trust me , I speak from experience and it sucks!

Jack J
11-01-2010, 09:05 PM
And once your name's in their computer, you get nailed for nearly every parcel unless the value is written down

Sometimes it works the other way too. A few years ago I got a notification from customs asking me to send them the invoice for some DVDs I had ordered from a shop in Hong Kong. They mentioned the reason was that the value wasn't stated on the parcel. I knew the store in HK always put one of those green value labels on their parcels so I figured it had come off in the mail.

So I sent them a (bogus) invoice and received my parcel without any problems but when I checked the envelope I discovered to my surprise that the label was still intact and stated the (down written) value. I have no idea as to why they asked for an invoice, maybe they didn't believe the value on the label or they were lazy or whatever.

A few weeks later I ordered some more DVDs from the same shop in HK and the same thing happened again. So I wrote customs an angry letter and told them to check the value label on the envelope as it showed the correct value (well, correct down written value that is). So once again I received my parcel without any problems and for the next five years or so I never heard from customs again even tho I ordered tons of parcels with too many DVDs in them.

I was stoked that my angry letter had worked such wonders and for a while I even began to test if they really did leave me alone. At one point I ordered TEN dvds in the same parcel (which is 8 too many!). No problem, I never heard a word from them for five years or so. But after not having ordered from overseas for quite a while they've begun to check my parcels again. I figure they've got new people at customs who don't recognise my name or maybe they use another program now or something. A pity really but it was cool for as long as it lasted. :D

Patrick B.
11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Sometimes it works the other way too. A few years ago I got a notification from customs asking me to send them the invoice for some DVDs I had ordered from a shop in Hong Kong. They mentioned the reason was that the value wasn't stated on the parcel. I knew the store in HK always put one of those green value labels on their parcels so I figured it had come off in the mail.

So I sent them a (bogus) invoice and received my parcel without any problems but when I checked the envelope I discovered to my surprise that the label was still intact and stated the (down written) value. I have no idea as to why they asked for an invoice, maybe they didn't believe the value on the label or they were lazy or whatever.

I've also done that. Haha.