PDA

View Full Version : HOT-TUB TIME MACHINE

Aaron G
10-20-2010, 02:31 AM
I just saw this and absolutely loved it, funniest film I've seen since I dunno, KINGPIN. 10 reasons why:

1. RED DAWN reference
2. Fluro jump suits
3. Pencil eraser haircuts
4. 'bogan' haircuts when they were really 'bogan'
5. Crispin Glover
6. Chevy Chase
7. Russian energy drinks
8. i-phone shit
9. 'save it for later' by the Beat
10. Poison and shit metal

I WAS THERE FUCK YOU HIPSTERS!:D:D

Steve R
10-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Did I just see some dude rocking a cassette player?

He just flipped the cassette, man!

:D

mark t
10-20-2010, 09:49 AM
The scene where Cusack is on the ski hill is also a reference to an earlier Cusack film....on a ski hill. :)

I don't know. They didn't do a LOT of research for this one, they kinda just did a general 80s' thing without paying attention to when certain things came out. But, being as i'm not a nitpicky kinda person with taht kind of thing, it was alright. it certainly didn't suck, which i expected it to, and Crispin Glover was friggin' hilarious.

Clint C
10-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Much better than I expected... I really enjoyed it.
Craig Robinson's coked up Terminator analogy almost killed me.

Jonathan H.
10-20-2010, 12:40 PM
And, the filmmakers were smart enough to add an extra plot-line, after the initial preview screenings, with none other than "the Zabka." The presence of the guy who essayed the douchebag, prick bully role better than anyone in the '80s reminds that he was nearly as crucial to the success of those films as the Macchios, Cusacks, etc and just as well-remembered. A nice little meta-moment, I thought.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BmEYu-thJMg/TGwIxIT5NNI/AAAAAAAAARM/-u9FmwFJYls/s1600/William-Zabka-karate-kid_320.jpg

Matt D
10-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Nah didn't do it for me, all seemed very desperate and trite. Adventureland captured the 80's vibe alot better, and without the shit music too.

Ian Jane
10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I liked this one a lot more than I thought I would. It was everything a movie called Hot Tub Time Machine should be.

Jonathan H.
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Nah didn't do it for me, all seemed very desperate and trite. Adventureland captured the 80's vibe alot better, and without the shit music too.

HOT TUB MACHINE definitely ran out of steam early for me, as well. ADVENTURELAND, on the other hand, was one of my 10 best of 2009.

Chad Haden
10-20-2010, 04:58 PM
I was a huge fan of HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, especially Craig Robinson singing that Black Eyed Peas song

Ian Z.
10-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Thought it had a few good moments but overall it was just ok.

Mike S.
10-20-2010, 07:04 PM
I walked out on this.

To be honest, there's been a bunch of movies I've seen recently that I disliked more -- and I didn't walk out on.

But in this case, I didn't care how HTTM ended, it was a nice day outside, and I was by myself. So I said, "fuck it."

Aaron G
10-21-2010, 12:28 AM
and without the shit music too.

80s was all about shit music for the most of it. That fucken gated drum sound. Killed fucken everything except fucken Phil Collins. Fucken cock sucker.

Oh and..'blow jobs' were big in the 80s too. The film caught that too. Heh.

Matt D
10-21-2010, 08:21 AM
HOT TUB MACHINE definitely ran out of steam early for me, as well. ADVENTURELAND, on the other hand, was one of my 10 best of 2009.

We should be friends.