PDA

View Full Version : Van Damme Has Heart attack!

Edwin Samuelson
10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/10/jean-claude-van-damme-suffers-heart-attack-on-set-of-weapon.php

Steven Millan
10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for sharing this news,Edwin,for I'm glad to hear that he's recovering and is still working on his new film,for it's bad enough that we've already lost both Tom Bosley and Barbara Billingsly and that John Carpenter recently had a stroke(but luckily survived it),and it'd be a major loss if we lost Van Damme(especially since everyone is cheering him on to be in THE EXPENDABLES 2).

Edwin Samuelson
10-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm surprised this isn't bigger news. There isn't even a mention of this on Yahoo.

Troy Howarth
10-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this news,Edwin,for I'm glad to hear that he's recovering and is still working on his new film,for it's bad enough that we've already lost both Tom Bosley and Barbara Billingsly and that John Carpenter recently had a stroke(but luckily survived it),and it'd be a major loss if we lost Van Damme(especially since everyone is cheering him on to be in THE EXPENDABLES 2).

Carpenter had a stroke? Where did you read this? I read that he had a seizure and had to be taken to the hospital, but the accounts I've read made out that it was no big deal and nothing life threatening.

Ian F
10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Carpenter had a stroke? Where did you read this? I read that he had a seizure and had to be taken to the hospital, but the accounts I've read made out that it was no big deal and nothing life threatening.

I didn't even know that he had a seizure. When did this happen?

Jon Houghton
10-19-2010, 06:35 PM

He did have a seizure at Spooky Empire in Orlando but was back at the convention the next day signing autographs as if nothing happened.

Stefan A.
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Shit, a lot of bad news lately...I mean concerning certain movie actors (the whole world's of course bad news).

Hard to believe Van Damme is only 50. I used to love his movies when I was little and have been thinkning of revisting some of his movies out of nostalgia. Hope his overall health becomes better.

I wasn't the biggest "Leave it to Beaver" fan. Smoked a lot of weed when I was a kid and laughed my ass off at the show. I don't see how she played that role with a straight face, but that was made well before I was even born. I'd like to see some of her other things she did.

I used to love "Happy Days" when I was a kid. Really a shame Tom Bosley died. The last thing I remember him doing were those infomercials, but I'll have to seek out some of his other stuff he did.

And I didn't hear about Carpenter. Hope all is truly well.

Edwin Samuelson
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Looks like the Carpenter scare was blown out of proportion: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40264/john-carpenter-suffers-seizure-during-convention

Troy Howarth
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Ah, that's good to hear! Yes indeed, the flu can really weaken you... glad to know it wasn't anything more serious than that.

Troy Howarth
10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh and lest I sound insensitive to JCVD - I wish him a speedy recovery, too!

Troy Howarth
10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I wasn't the biggest "Leave it to Beaver" fan. Smoked a lot of weed when I was a kid and laughed my ass off at the show. I don't see how she played that role with a straight face, but that was made well before I was even born. I'd like to see some of her other things she did.

I used to love "Happy Days" when I was a kid. Really a shame Tom Bosley died. The last thing I remember him doing were those infomercials, but I'll have to seek out some of his other stuff he did.

I loved both shows as a kid... I grew up on a lot of Nick At Nite, meaning I was watching the old shows while the other kids took in Saved By the Bell or Fresh Prince. If you want to see how funny Billingsley really could be, check her out as the jive talking grandma in Airplane!. I can't stomach either show now, incidentally, but I always liked Tom Bosley - he just seemed like one hell of a nice man. And as far as Beaver goes, the dad on that one was Hugh Beaumont, who popped up in some cool B movies like The Seventh Victim and The Mole People.

Edwin Samuelson
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Van Damme denies heart attack. Can't say I blame him because he won't be able to work if people think he's ill: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101020/ennew_afp/entertainmentusbelgiumpeoplevandamme;_ylt=AtzPuoKQ NI1i5EAnu7eGJG5xFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTNiZjBkb3Z1BGFzc2V0 A2FmcC8yMDEwMTAyMC9lbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50dXNiZWxnaXVtcG VvcGxldmFuZGFtbWUEcG9zAzEyBHNlYwN5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1 bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDdmFuZGFtbWVkaXNt

Steve R
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
JCVDOK

And not for a moment do I believe he is 50.:)
Seeing , "Until Death" was a real treat, didn't think
he had that kind of range in him. Well done and
pretty gritty.

Christoffer S
10-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Thank god! He needs to up his production rate now... we need more films before he finally has a real heart attack! :eek: