W00t! New Bond! At last...

Brian Lindsey
10-08-2010, 02:25 PM
M: We need you back.
JAMES BOND: I never left.

paul h.
10-08-2010, 02:55 PM
uh... this part seems kind of like a dumb idea:

"the studio will put more emphasis on developing scripted and reality programming for cable TV. Under its new structure, MGM would have three execs overseeing film, TV and digital. In part, the concept hinges on developing TV programs from MGM's 4,000-title library, including "RoboCop," "Silence of the Lambs" and "Dances With Wolves."

Read more: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118025352.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&ref=vertfilm#ixzz11n720vh4
Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.

Don May Jr
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd be down for a ROBOCOP TV series, if it was on pay cable (like HBO or SHOWTIME). At least it could be bloody and violent if on cable...

paul h.
10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I was mainly wincing at the thought of a Dances With Wolves series. At any rate, all those films mentioned are kind of "old", although "Lambs" has had a huge influence on crime films and TV series made in its wake.

paul h.
10-08-2010, 05:00 PM
You guys are missing the big picture here . . . what's going to become of MGM's back catalog of genre titles. Fuck Robocop and James Bond, I just want to know what this means for their genre flicks from the good old days.

I know that's what a lot people are wondering, but I'm not sure that limited market genre and cult titles are high on the priority list for a bankruptcy buyout situation. The library of titles is not really mentioned except in conjuction with the TV series idea, in this article, anyway. Hopefully they will at least let some smaller companies license some of the titles that many fans want to see and own.

Luis Domenech
10-08-2010, 05:21 PM
You guys are missing the big picture here . . . what's going to become of MGM's back catalog of genre titles. Fuck Robocop and James Bond, I just want to know what this means for their genre flicks from the good old days.

I'm waiting for Incredible Melting Man and (insert your favorite unreleased cult title here) remakes to be announced. Maybe then we'll finally get the originals released on DVD.

Terry Carpenter
10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
We all remember how the last Robocop TV series turned out...

Vincent Pereira
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I would imagine any SILENCE OF THE LAMBS TV series would have to be approved by Thomas Harris.

Vincent