PDA

View Full Version : Buckstone County Prison on DVD...what are the odds?

Teddy Baddstreet
10-07-2010, 05:38 PM
First time poster, long time visitor! Anyway, is there anyone that can give me some sort of heads-up on when or if Buckstone County Prison will ever see DVD?? I have to admit having a soft-spot for this movie, not to mention the fact that I'm a major David Allan Coe fanatic.....Earl Owensby's main site has no info on it other than OOP VHS releases and I just wanna see it again after all these years! My memories watching it on HBO aren't enough anymore.

Can anyone shed any light on this?? Much appreciated!

Zane C.
10-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey, Teddy! Welcome to AV Maniacs! :D

Funny you should mention this film - I started a thread about it a few years back, and a few (and I mean FEW) people had seen it. It's a great little film that is fun, and it's also cool to see David Allen Coe, a great country artist in his own right, in it.

I'm not sure who's handling the Owensby products right now, but I wouldn't hold my breath on a DVD, unfortunately. I have no information on this at all, I'm just speculating. I had to buy the PAL VHS of this to even get a copy. It was hard to find five years ago! Really, as with most stuff, your best bet is eBay, and you will surely pay a good amount for it there. I really hope it gets a DVD release, but I'm very doubtful. Good luck!

Teddy Baddstreet
10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks, brother!! I have tried every possible way under the sun to get my hands on this thing again.....even willing to resort to some shitty bootleg copy if needed be. Ebay has turned up nothing within the last several years and it saddens me that if this film isn't somehow acquired by someone else who CARES about it enough to even release it, it'll end up forgotten in another 10-20 years.

I will never forget the scene where Zack gets beaten by Jimbo for stuttering.....that scene was brutal to watch at the time I saw it (I was 10 or 11 then). What kills me is HBO used to run this a LOT back in the day.

Just sad.....and thanks again for the welcome, brother! Very happy to be a part of the AV Maniacs community. I shall represent it well!

Steven Millan
10-10-2010, 02:49 AM
I'd also would love to see several of Earl Owensby's films receiving the DVD treatment,since his best known film WOLFMAN(an American Paul Naschy-esque outing)has come and gone from its long ago OOP public domain DVD release and many of Owenby's films are nowadays very hard-to-find.

Teddy Baddstreet
10-23-2010, 10:17 PM
I would too.....mainly to see how the rest of his stuff is quality-wise. I'm certainly not expecting much, but I love BCP. I always tended to view Owensby as a "stepbrother" of sorts to H.B. Halicki, in that they were both basically businessmen who really only got into it for the sheer love of it, even though neither were really involved in the mainstream movie-making business.

Then again, I could be wrong about that.....that's why I'm always coming back to the forums. I like to be educated about these things!

Zane C.
10-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Teddy, Shocking Videos has this. Go here, about half way down the page:

http://www.revengeismydestiny.com/cult_movies_new_arrivals_3.html

Also from Owensby's own site: looks like they take PayPal:

http://www.earlowensbystudios.com/BuckstonePage.html

Enjoy!

Zane C.
10-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Bumped, so hopefully Teddy can track this down!

Teddy Baddstreet
11-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Mucho thanks, Zane! If you rocked any harder, you'd be in Motley Crue!! I'm making it my quest to get my hands on this movie SOMEHOW.....

In all fairness, the quest is kinda fun.....

Doug Roemer
11-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I've haven't seen any of this guy's movies but remember a very interesting "60 Minutes" segment about him and his work from the 80s.

Is "Buckstone" his best movie?

Zane C.
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I've haven't seen any of this guy's movies but remember a very interesting "60 Minutes" segment about him and his work from the 80s.

Is "Buckstone" his best movie?

Depends...I personally think it is, but everyone's opinion is different! :D

Zane C.
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Mucho thanks, Zane! If you rocked any harder, you'd be in Motley Crue!! I'm making it my quest to get my hands on this movie SOMEHOW.....

In all fairness, the quest is kinda fun.....

You're welcome!