PDA

View Full Version : Stephen J. Cannell (19412010)

Jonathan Douglas
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
A big shock this is. Writer, producer (sometimes actor) and creator of countless hit TV shows like ROCKFORD FILES, THE A-TEAM, BARETTA and way too many other classics to mention here has died. R.I.P.

Thomas Hart
10-01-2010, 06:08 PM
What's going on? The Grim Reaper seems to be working overtime these last 2 weeks. Never liked A-TEAM, but I did like ROCKFORD FILES and GREATEST AMERICAN HERO. I'm really glad Cannell tried to get as much of his library on DVD for future generations before he passed away. R.I.P.

Derrick King
10-01-2010, 06:12 PM
RIP.

Jesus, man this week was just awful.

Zane C.
10-01-2010, 06:51 PM
RIP.

Jesus, man this week was just awful.

No doubt.

Sad to hear this as well - SJC wrote some of my favorite shows...RIP, Mr. Cannell, thanks for the great TV. :(

Daniel M
10-01-2010, 09:25 PM
An icon to me growing up.

Rest In Peace.

Marshall Crist
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
He dropped by my bookstore about a year ago just to sign stock. I asked him if he would mind autographing ROCKFORD FILES Season 3 if I bought it on the spot. He was happy to. Seemed like a very vibrant guy.

Jim R.
10-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I loved THE ROCKFORD FILES, THE A-TEAM and THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO. I have season 1 of TGAH on DVD. I saw Stephen as an actor in a Sci-Fi Channel movie called ICE SPIDERS. Pretty cool (no pun intended). R.I.P., guy.

Richard Anthony
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Wow, this really hit me and took me by surprise in a bad way. I Love Stephen J. Cannell's work!! The man created some of the Greatest TV Series Ever, he was a genius!! I can't tell you how much I Love Silk Stalkings, I Love the Show so much!! I grew up watching it and I was so excited to get them on DVD in my collection!! I think with Silk Stalkings, he created an Original and Exciting TV Series, with two Amazing Performaces from Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture. Not to mention, Renegade with Lorenzo Lamas and Cannell even starred in that Show as the Bad Guy. I loved watching Cannell in his Interviews, he seemed like such a Great Guy!! RIP Stephen. You will be missed. Your Work will live on Forever!!