PDA

View Full Version : Watch a horr...ible move in October

Steve Barr
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Y'all like to watch horror movies, but how about watching a movie you bought and put aside, and now dread watching, perhaps because you heard how bad it was?

Now's the time to watch it.

I'm thinking of watching two Shaw Brothers films which deal with people with disabilities (always treated with quiet dignity in HK movies :rolleyes:) and the Bollywood movie Girlfriend, which is supposedly Lesbian exploitation gone wrong. Well, maybe that one will turn out to be trashy fun; I'll see.

What horrible movies do you have lying around?

Jimmy Simard
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Boardinghouse. I got it release day and never watch it, because of everything I read about it. I'll try to watch it this year in my october horror marathon.

A lot of movies from the Mortuary of Madness and the Catacomb of Creepshows boxset, but I don't count them since I will probably never watch them.

Steve Barr
09-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Cool. I'm sure everyone has a So Bad It's Bad horror movie they are dreading to watch...

Randy Thomas G
09-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Time to check out those Andy Milligan flicks...

BobG
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I should've waited to watch "Oddballs."

Steve Barr
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Watched Girlfriend, and it was pretty horrible. The lead actress is the only good part of the movie, bringing a feral intensity and a masculine physicality to a stereotypical psychotic butch lesbian, and is a lot of fun to watch. The rest of the movie isn't very good.

Shane K
10-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Jim Soto's Forced Entry... I want fuck the shit outta Tanya Roberts, but the goddamn thing is awful.

Mike T
11-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Per Steve's OP, I set myself the task last month of watching Brotherhood of Blood (the DTV vampire flick with Sid Haig and Ken Foree) before Halloween arrived. I didn't want the film, as I'd seen trailers and read reviews and it sounded frickin' awful -- but it came with the rest of the discs in the Ghosthouse Underground boxset, so I didn't have a choice. It was just there, as part of the package. Unsurprisingly, though I watched a few other crappy DTV horror flicks last month, I never ended up watching BoB -- it just looks like shit that I wouldn't even force myself to watch, even as a joke... :o

Steven Millan
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Per Steve's OP, I set myself the task last month of watching Brotherhood of Blood (the DTV vampire flick with Sid Haig and Ken Foree) before Halloween arrived. I didn't want the film, as I'd seen trailers and read reviews and it sounded frickin' awful -- but it came with the rest of the discs in the Ghosthouse Underground boxset, so I didn't have a choice. It was just there, as part of the package. Unsurprisingly, though I watched a few other crappy DTV horror flicks last month, I never ended up watching BoB -- it just looks like shit that I wouldn't even force myself to watch, even as a joke... :o

I want my old Sid Haig back,the one who higly entertained us with his unique and quirky roles in action films and not the one that's unfortunately exploiting himself in endless post-HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES/DEVIL'S REJECTS terrible DTV/Straight-To-DVD horror outings that sadly demean his talent,for he's got a rich legacy that's too valuable to waste on such numerous lousy films(such as the ones he's been making for the last five years).