PDA

View Full Version : Movies you wish WERE remakes

Marshall Crist
08-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Saw a billboard for something generic called TAKERS the other day and couldn't help wishing that it was a remake of Novak's THE TAKERS. (With all the "true crime" books about motorcycle clubs these days, the world is probably ready for a new biker movie, but it would have to be all modern and stupid.) Anyway, I know there have been many instances of unrelated new movies re-using the titles of (generally superior) older movies because I used to see them listed in TV GUIDE and have a flicker of excitement followed by disappointment, although I am hard-pressed to think of any now. Maybe SCREAM? (Ha!)

Paul Casey
08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, but if it were a remake of a movie you liked, you'd be pissed. Unless, of course, you're looking for a reason to be pissed.

Marshall Crist
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
you're looking for a reason to be pissed.

Well, there is that, but I'd prefer that shit like ALABAMA'S GHOST and WARLOCK MOON got remade instead of BLACK CHRISTMAS or HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. As long as the original is still around, I'm good.

Andrew Ellis
09-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Yeah, this isn't quite where you were going originally, but I agree that they should re-make BAD movies. They should re-make "Howard the Duck" more in the spirit of the 70's comic book (maybe have the director of "Ghost World"or "American Splendor" do it). They should re-make the gay stalker movies of the late 70's/early 80's like "Crusing" or "Windows" now that people aren't so touchy and PC about that subject.

I'd have to think about it some more (these are rather idiosyncratic choices), but I like the idea of them re-making movies that they really screwed up the first time.

Ryan T.
09-05-2010, 06:03 AM
They should re-make the gay stalker movies of the late 70's/early 80's like "Crusing"...
I believe "they" are already in the works of remaking Cruising, so you're in luck!

Dominic D
09-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, this isn't quite where you were going originally, but I agree that they should re-make BAD movies. They should re-make "Howard the Duck" more in the spirit of the 70's comic book (maybe have the director of "Ghost World"or "American Splendor" do it). They should re-make the gay stalker movies of the late 70's/early 80's like "Crusing" or "Windows" now that people aren't so touchy and PC about that subject.

I'm all for remaking poor movies that had great concepts. It's not a concept that's ever going to take off- for the obvious reasons- but I think you could wind up with some really interesting films doing it this way. I've already sort of done it myself. My first film began as a remake of Killer Nun. I had read about the film for years and thought it sounded great. When I eventually got around to seeing it however I thought the execution was terrible and so I made the film I would like to have seen.