PDA

View Full Version : Big Wolf on Campus

Marley M-H
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
I have recently been in contact with the main rights holder in regards to releasing the show on DVD. I'm currently starting an independent DVD label and feel that "Big Wolf on Campus" would be a great show to release. I really loved watching the show when it was original on, and it would be a goal of mine to make it a great release! When it comes to special features I would try to include interviews and the original YTV bumpers and promos at the very least. Any feedback whether it be about packaging, pricing, special features ect would be appreciated. Let me know if you're into this!

Mark C.
08-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I would be interested in buying this set, so please keep us in the loop if it does go down.

AdamTyner
08-24-2010, 11:55 PM
I have recently been in contact with the main rights holder in regards to releasing the show on DVD.Awesome! I'm a ridiculously huge fan of the show and even made a fansite (http://www.bigwolfoncampus.org/) a million years ago.

I really hope this works out. Honestly, I'd given up hope on a DVD set, thinking that with the show being off the air for almost ten years now, any release would've been out ages ago. Even just the prospect gets me jazzed again.

The last season was shot on HD video, and the post-production work for at least those episodes was definitely done in 16x9 (not sure if that's true for the entire run of the show?). It never aired in widescreen, but from talking to the producers firsthand, I know they hoped it'd be seen that way at some point, so hopefully that'd pan out for any video collection.

Marley M-H
08-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Awesome! I'm a ridiculously huge fan of the show and even made a fansite (http://www.bigwolfoncampus.org/) a million years ago.

I really hope this works out. Honestly, I'd given up hope on a DVD set, thinking that with the show being off the air for almost ten years now, any release would've been out ages ago. Even just the prospect gets me jazzed again.

The last season was shot on HD video, and the post-production work for at least those episodes was definitely done in 16x9 (not sure if that's true for the entire run of the show?). It never aired in widescreen, but from talking to the producers firsthand, I know they hoped it'd be seen that way at some point, so hopefully that'd pan out for any video collection.

I was really hoping I would run into a huge fan like yourself! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this to work out... The copyrights for the shows first 2 seasons are a bit complicated since a few companies have stakes in them. I've sent my proposal to the licensor and have a meeting coming up to see if a contract can realistically be formed with the complications. Unfortunately season 3 is owned by an entirely different company and will be looked into depending on how the first 2 seasons would pan out. I really appreciate your information on the last season being shot on HD video. I'll definitely be looking into wether the entire shows run was filmed in HD video. I checked out your website, and it is great! It is clearly THE ultimate fansite for BWOC and will be a helpful resource. Thanks!

Marley M-H
08-26-2010, 07:49 AM
I would be interested in buying this set, so please keep us in the loop if it does go down.

Thank you for letting me know about your interest. I will make sure to post any updates here (positive or negative).

AdamTyner
09-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately season 3 is owned by an entirely different company and will be looked into depending on how the first 2 seasons would pan out.That's interesting to hear. I was always kind of curious how that played out with the transition from Telescene to Cinegroupe. I wonder if that's for home video or across the board. I know getting season 3 off the ground was a long and painful ordeal, and the justification for it was to hit the then-still-magic 65 episode number, not that the show ever went into syndication after that. I assumed that meant the rights were all under one umbrella, but it sounds like one of the reasons why Big Wolf has gone unseen for so many years is because it's not as simple as I assumed.

I definitely wish you the best of luck in ironing all this out.

I really appreciate your information on the last season being shot on HD video. I'll definitely be looking into wether the entire shows run was filmed in HD video.The first two seasons were shot on Super 16. I'm not sure how the post-production work was done for those, but I definitely remember the footage in the editing suite for season 3 being 16x9. Outside of the footage I saw on that screen, everything I've ever seen from the show (even the couple of promotional DVDs from the UK) has been 4x3.

I checked out your website, and it is great! It is clearly THE ultimate fansite for BWOC and will be a helpful resource. Thanks!Thanks! It's kind of old and musty (hasn't really been updated since 2002), but people keep showing up, so I'm still keeping it around.