PDA

View Full Version : Post your BLOG!

DJ Greene
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
The amount of knowledge on this site is amazing and I know many of you dudes have your own film blogs. Please post links!

Fred Anderson
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I've kinda slowed down a little bit lately, but it's summer and there's more important stuff to do. But Ninja Dixon (http://ninjadixon.blogspot.com) has it's visitors and I'm very happy for the response I get.

Shawn Francis
07-14-2010, 04:19 PM
You can never get enough publicity. DVD NEWS WATCH. Many of you already know this but my bog is simple. It provides a service to anyone looking for those movies we grew up on, and that are just now getting released by the likes of Code Red, Synapse, Severing Films, etc. I provide links to where they are, when they're coming out, and what specs and features are on them. Period. End of story. There you have it.

Andy Copp
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I haven't blogged nearly as much as I used to since I have been shooting my new movie, but I still manage to get some new stuff up there once in a while...

www.exploitationnation2.blogspot.com

Jonathan H.
07-15-2010, 12:29 AM
I have a hard time posting consistently in terms of quantity and type of content. A mixed bag to be sure, but I do appreciate the feedback...

Jimmy Simard
07-15-2010, 01:25 AM
I certainly don't have as much knowledge as some others here have on the subject and I ain't the best writer, but some people appreciate my little blog.

Eddie D.
07-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Although its more of a website than a blog itself (as there was a full staff over the years and has basically trickled down to me myself), this is the site that I've been running for about 5 years. It's not blowing the hinges off the internets, but I've managed to gain some loyal readers over the years and it's a lot of fun to do.

Mainly the site consists of video/text reviews of everything from horror, exploitation, XXX, documentaries, arthouse, indy, etc etc.

www.bloodtypeonline.com

Also I co-host the Gutmunchers Podcast as well. The site has writers (so I guess it's more of a website than it is a blog, but it's all pretty much the same) and a pretty nifty web comic if you ask me.

www.gutmunchers.com

Thomas D.
07-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Newbie here...my blog is in the sig below. It's a collection of my reviews, the majority of which is trash horror stuff. Checks it out...

Jocke_A
07-15-2010, 07:31 AM
My blog consists of maybe 20+ reviews a month, just about every movie I watch. Problem is, I tend to watch movies after what would be cool to review, not what I actually want to watch at the moment. :)

I should watch more though, having about 300+ unwatched dvds in a pile that grows larger every month.

Nick F
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Mine is DVD Trash (link on my sig), lots of reviews for you to go through. I update when I can, but been busy subtitling cult movies extras for DVD's you all must buy ;-). I did City of the Living Dead for Arrow, plus I'm doing all the Argento's and a few other Fulci and Bava movies that Arrow have coming out. I had a hand in the upcoming Shout Factory Starcrash Luigi Cozzi extra too! Might as well shamelessly promote my services - you need anything Italian translated and subbed, I'm the man!

Ryan O
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
My blog, where I ramble on about movies, music, television, and anything else that comes to mind. I also co-host a music podcast occasionally.

http://roarvis.wordpress.com/

Troy Howarth
07-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Mine is DVD Trash (link on my sig), lots of reviews for you to go through. I update when I can, but been busy subtitling cult movies extras for DVD's you all must buy ;-). I did City of the Living Dead for Arrow, plus I'm doing all the Argento's and a few other Fulci and Bava movies that Arrow have coming out. I had a hand in the upcoming Shout Factory Starcrash Luigi Cozzi extra too! Might as well shamelessly promote my services - you need anything Italian translated and subbed, I'm the man!

Off topic, perhaps, but I gotta ask: what Bava films are coming out from Arrow?

Nick F
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Off topic, perhaps, but I gotta ask: what Bava films are coming out from Arrow?

Hey Troy, It's just one Mario Bava film, but I really can't mention it until it's official, sorry, had my knuckles rapped before. I can say we're doing Lamberto's Demons 1 + 2 though! Will post details once I'm allowed. Release dates are being moved around due to masters not being totally ready yet.

Brian Albright
07-15-2010, 11:42 PM
I've posted this elsewhere, but I've cooked up a blog on regional horror films in support of a book project that I'm finally finishing up:

The Dead Next Door (http://regionalhorrorfilms.blogspot.com)

I'm mostly putting up articles, pix, and research material I've turned up on regionally produced, indy horror films from the 1950s through the late 1980s. Along with some video clips, trailers, flotsam, jetsum, etc.

Aaron G
07-16-2010, 06:03 AM
I got a blog but it's pretty mediocre and no-one reads it, so I get depressed about it and never update the fuckern thing.

You can check it out here, might keep you occupied for 5 minutes:

http://thegoldblog.blogspot.com/

Troy Howarth
07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Hey Troy, It's just one Mario Bava film, but I really can't mention it until it's official, sorry, had my knuckles rapped before. I can say we're doing Lamberto's Demons 1 + 2 though! Will post details once I'm allowed. Release dates are being moved around due to masters not being totally ready yet.

Sounds good; don't want to get you into trouble!

MatthewA
07-16-2010, 12:14 PM
http://miskatonicu.blogspot.com

Some writings on film (adult and exploitation), a little on records, some other short prose writings as well.

Greg B.
07-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I run Cinesploitation (link in sig) as head writer and editor with two other writers. Mostly exploitation from the sleazier angle, but we cover a lot of stuff. It's a labor of love and a hobby. Nothing too serious.

Marc Edward Heuck
07-17-2010, 12:51 AM
A primarily film-related blog, though I do write on pop culture, bands, and other self-indulgent topics that interest me.

http://projectorhasbeendrinking.blogspot.com