PDA

View Full Version : DIALOGUE EAR WORMS...

John W..
06-26-2010, 10:20 AM
...is the best way to describe this weird post. I don't know if anyone else here suffers from this condition, but I certainly do - I get lines of dialogue stuck in my head just like a snippet of song, only it happens more often during a repeated action.

For example:

Often when I use the lavatory at my place of work, I will hear David Hess saying "Piss yer pants" from 'Last House on the Left'. Or when my wife asks me to turn out the light at night I hear Dennis Hopper saying "Now it's dark" from 'Blue Velvet'...Is this...er..does this seem odd to anyone?

If not, let's hear what dialogue bits stick to your brain...

Ryan Clark
06-26-2010, 07:09 PM
It's not odd. I mean it might seem odd to someone who isn't a movie buff, but it happens to me all the time. I can't think of any quotes off hand, though -- there are so many!

Matthew BB
06-26-2010, 07:48 PM
There have been many times where I wished I had the guts to say "Yeah, fuck you too!" just like Kurt in THE THING.

Todd J
06-26-2010, 07:48 PM
just happened actually. We're going to a party and my wife mentioned malt liquor so I sang the Anaconda Malt Liquor them from Black Dynamite. She didn't care.

Todd J
06-26-2010, 07:49 PM
There have been many times where I wished I had the guts to say "Yeah, fuck you too!" just like Kurt in THE THING.

no, you have to say the tv edit version "Yeah, blast you too!"

Matthew BB
06-26-2010, 07:56 PM
no, you have to say the tv edit version "Yeah, blast you too!"

That might work. I can't see how anyone will wanna kick my ass after that. I'll just get confused looks and feel awesome inside.

Todd J
06-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I much prefer tv edit quotes when they of such high caliber. Such as:

Scarface : Where'd you get that scar? Eatin' pineapple?

and

Police Academy: Spread you legs and put your hands behind your head, eggroll.

or

Uncommon Valor: You kill the stupid enemy, gung-ho!

Matthew BB
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Scarface : Where'd you get that scar? Eatin' pineapple?

Haha, that's actually not bad. Pineapples are thorny. Kudos to whoever was stuck with that lame, but horribly difficult task of coming up with tv edit dialogue for fucking SCARFACE.

Todd J
06-26-2010, 08:48 PM
you mean for FOOLING Scarface. Can't say "fucking scarface" on this he-yah board.

paul h.
06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

you melon farmers!

Pete H
06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
not alone on this, happens to me all the time......for some reason, whenever someone says hello to me, i have been tempted to sneer "evening, commisioner....."

AnthonyT
06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Once I was at a diner and with some friends, and the waitress poured me a cup of coffee. And then, with as much of a straight face as I could muster, I sprang into my Dale Cooper mode from Twin Peaks telling the waitress:

"Wait a minute!" I sipped the coffee. "You know, I must say, that this is a damn good cup of coffe"

She smiled, said thank you and probably got more refills on my coffee that night than I could remember.

RichardDoyle
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah, this happens to me all the time. So frequently that my wife stopped asking me what I'm talking about years ago.

Troy Howarth
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
A lot for me, too. I find myself quoting Ian McShane in Deadwood and Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood and Gangs of New York, for example.

Gary Banks
06-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Some of my favorite lines from the movies that constantly are said in our house:

"Aww batshit!"-Blazing Saddles

"My friend I don't have time to explain married life to you and if I did you wouldn't believe it anyway"-Robert Mitchum in The Friends Of Eddie Coyle

A line from the eddie Coyle novel that I am very fond of:

"Fuck you lady and the horse you rode in on!"

Todd J
06-28-2010, 08:49 PM
A lot for me, too. I find myself quoting Ian McShane in Deadwood and Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood and Gangs of New York, for example.

I keep waiting for the opportunity to say "loopy cunt" but I can't seem to get up the nut to say it.

Troy Howarth
06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
For whatever reason, two of his that keep coming to mind are: "There's some shit a man's gotta walk through alone," and "Every step's a fuckin' adventure."

Terry Carpenter
06-28-2010, 11:02 PM
For whatever reason, two of his that keep coming to mind are: "There's some shit a man's gotta walk through alone," and "Every step's a fuckin' adventure."

No... "I donít look fuckin' backwards - I do what I have to do and go on... whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, who...? What, you got a stagecoach to catch or somethin', huh? Slow the fuck up!"...?

Troy Howarth
06-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I may use that when I'm walking to my car after work today!

John W..
06-29-2010, 10:37 AM
"Cock Suckaaaaaaahh" from Deadwood makes its way into my repertoire with alarming regularity.

Also, during my annual dental visit, I can't get the line "How would you like a mouthful of teeth?" from 'Planes, Trains etc' out of my head.

I also love to freak my long-suffering wife out by croaking `Little Girl!` a la Chuck Conners in Tourist Trap...

Jake Barningham
07-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Gary Banks
07-02-2010, 11:39 AM
"Take him to Detroit!"-Kentucky Fried Movie

"Excuse me while I whip this out"-Blazing Saddles