PDA

View Full Version : The Running Man, Hard Rain, Drop Zone, and The Phantom Blu-ray 2/9

Isaac Sanchez
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3771:D

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring the classic action films 'The Running Man', 'Hard Rain', 'Drop Zone', and 'The Phantom' to Blu-ray on February 9th. All four films, which feature performances by such action stars as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Wesley Snipes, will be presented in 1080p AVC video accompanied by 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtracks.

Only extras for 'The Running Man' have been announced at this time. They include:

* Audio commentary with Director Paul Michael Glaser and Producer Tim Zinneman
* Audio commentary with Executive Producer Rob Cohen
* Two featurettes
* Theatrical trailer

Bill Piper
11-23-2009, 04:48 AM
Where's Fright Night 2 Lionsgate?!?!!?

Luis Domenech
11-23-2009, 11:56 AM
My Paramount DVD of Hard Rain will be more than sufficient for me, thanks. This particular batch of titles doesn't excite me one bit. Why? Well, for starters, Lionsgate is using old SD masters as source material. Secondly, like Mr. Piper before me suggested there are other movies more deserving of double-dipping than this stuff.

Ehren H.
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
The Phantom is a classic action film? Really Lionsgate?

Dick Ringeisen
11-23-2009, 08:31 PM
I'd been waiting for Running Man to make an appearance on Blu-ray. I'll be purchasing that one. One of my favorite Arnold films.

The DVD release of it was interesting, in that it is one of the few DVD's I know of that supports 6.1 surround sound.

cworkman
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I wish Lionsgate would tackle some of the Hammer titles they apparently acquired through Studio Canal.