PDA

View Full Version : Hi def discs by BCI

Bill Piper
03-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Anyone know what all BluRay and HD-DVDs were released by BCI? Only one I have is Galaxina on HD-DVD.

Brian Lindsey
03-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I believe Paul Naschy's NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF got a Blu-ray edition.

Wim C.
03-29-2009, 02:56 PM
On Blu-Ray:
Paul Naschy double bill: Night of the Werewolf / Vengeance of the Zombies
Sonny Chiba double bill : Killing Machine / Shogun's Ninja
Sister Streetfighter double bill featuring the first two films
The Tiger Blade
Vengeance
Kung Fu and the Opium Master

Marc Morris
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
How do these look? I read bad reports about the Naschy titles.

Bill Piper
03-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Did the Sister Street Fighter double bill get released on HDDVD? I've seen photos of the case on some sites, but they always mention that its out of stock. I'm thinking it was originally planned, but pulled at the last minute. But could be wrong.

Wim C.
03-29-2009, 03:12 PM
I've only got Kung Fu and the Opium Master and that one looks great !

Yes - the Naschy-disc has gotten bad reviews - seems they turned up the gamma levels and wrecked the atmosphere.

The Chiba and Sister Streetfighter discs should be okay if you haven't already got them on dvd. Apparently they look good, but nearly identical to the dvds - not worth the upgrade.

Wim C.
03-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Did the Sister Street Fighter double bill get released on HDDVD? I've seen photos of the case on some sites, but they always mention that its out of stock. I'm thinking it was originally planned, but pulled at the last minute. But could be wrong.

I think you're right and it never got released on HD-DVD. Had it in my wishlist on Pacific and it simply turned into 'discontinued' on release date.

cworkman
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I have the Paul Naschy discs and thought they really looked great. I'm not sure how you can wreck the atmosphere of these pictures, since they aren't exactly oozing atmosphere other than cheese, but that they ooze in spades, and wonderfully so. No, I found these discs to be gorgeous and am glad I upgraded from the standard def discs. I just wish BCI had released more of these titles before the economic bust came.

Justin Johnson
03-29-2009, 08:00 PM
You can add Kitaro to the list.

Opium & the Kung Fu Master looks great. It's not demo material or anything (see Baraka for that), but it looks very good and makes me want more Shaw Bros. in high def. One of the best things about it (and this may apply to the DVD as well) is that you can flip the insert around for different artwork that's actually a bit more appealing than the already fine cover.

Life Gamble and Shaolin Handlock were also announced, but I don't think Life Gamble ever made it to Blu-ray and Shaolin Handlock seems to have been cancelled on DVD and Blu when BCI died.