PDA

View Full Version : Title needed where man chews on used condom, etc

Kenneth M
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
There's a book out there that isn't really a story, but lists a bunch of decrepit things that some guy does. Like picking up a used condom off the ground and eating it. I want to find out what the name of it is. Anyone know? My mom told me about it as she had to read it for her literary studies, but refuses to tell me the title. :rolleyes:

Matt A
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
It's not Will Self's My Idea of Fun, is it?

Kenneth M
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Shit, I don't know, but the reviews on Amazon look pretty promising. The course my mom is into is from "the Teaching Company" lectures. She got a list to read and I know that this book, along with McCarthy's "Blood Meridian" were on it. I did a bunch of searches, but I'm not sure if "My Idea of Fun" is it, but it's a great start. Thanks. :)

Matt A
01-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I've never read My Idea of Fun but an old co-worker loved it. I don't recall him describing a condom-chewing scene in particular but when you said "lists a bunch of decrepit things that some guy does" that was the first thing that popped in my head.

Kenneth M
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Cool beans. 'priciate the help. :)

Mike Howlett
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
There's one story in Joe Knetter's SUCKED UP FHIT that has used condom chewing and far worse. It's called something like "For the Love of Orson Welles's Fat Black Ejaculate". He and I were discussing the story at a con last year. His wife was not amused.