PDA

View Full Version : Kickboxer - Favorite Sequel

Eric R.
08-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Some view all the Kickboxer sequels as crap and others find them almost as enjoyable as Van Damme's B-movie original. I remember first watching part 2 having a hard time accepting the guy from Step-by-step taking over the series. His voice still cracks me up. Mark Dacascos takes over in part 5 but I hate how the film says Kickboxer 5: Redemption on the cover but the film itself only says 'The Redemption'. Also other than a short reference to being a friend of David Sloan (Sasha Mitchell's character in 2-4), there is no connection to the other films.

Erik S.
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I've only seen parts 3 and 4. I passed on the first sequel (same "Cody" aversion), but watched the double feature disc that had the two later sequels together. They were decent action films, and much more entertaining than most of the stuff that's getting released these days.

Steven Millan
08-10-2008, 10:53 PM
"Kickboxer 2" truly sucks,but both Parts 3 and 4 are actually enjoyable(especially Part 4's major cheese factor in having an obviously Hispanic guy poorly made up to resemble the very Asian Tong Po)and "Kickboxer 5" is very cool in having both Mark Dacascos as Sasha WhatHisFace's replacement and "Kill Or Be Killed"/"Kill And Kill Again" 's James Ryan as the main baddie(which was a major plus for me). :cool: :cool: