PDA

View Full Version : Retromedia's Fangs Of The Living Dead

Nick Ehst
09-02-2002, 11:08 PM
What kind of stuff was removed. I love Ossorio's films, but I've never seen this one. I've held off from picking it up because I just didn't trust retro-media. That and they call the movie "Armondo De Ossorio's Fangs of the Living Dead" getting his name completely wrong. Never a good sign. I mean if it was a typo in the linear notes or something, but they make it part of the cover graphic. For shame.

crank

Bob Monell
09-08-2002, 10:11 AM
The retromedia FANGS is actually a pretty good transfer, colorful and fairly sharp. There's NO extras, though, and it's probably worth about 6 or 7 dollars at a Best Buy, if you can get it on sale. This version is missing a lot of expository footage, the second half is hard to follow and it turns into a comedy at the end. Anita Ekberg looks great and it has a memorable Carlo Savina score. I doubt if we'll ever see an uncut DVD of this due to the obscurity of original material. Has anyone seen the German four disc BLIND DEAD set?

Brian Renfro
09-08-2002, 11:32 AM
I don't think it is the cut version because of rarity of source material. Retromedia is Fred Olen Ray's company. I think its prolly the cut version cause it landed in his lap somehow and he doesn't care. Look at the crap movies he himself have made.

I'm sure a very nice uncut print is floating around in Europe somewhere, just Fred didn't care or even want to get it.

Nick Ehst
09-08-2002, 08:44 PM
I'm sure I'll get it just because I've never seen it, and it isn't exactly like companies are tripping over one another to release Ossorio's catalouge. I just wish ANYONE else had released it.

crank