PDA

View Full Version : Poison (Runnin' Through My Veins)

mark t
01-31-2007, 12:51 AM
I've gotta say, TRASH was a great album for Alice. When you consider the almost abysmal RAISE YOUR FIST AND YELL, songs like "Poison" and "Spark in the Dark", even "House of Fire" were awesome (though slightly dated) returns to form for ol' Alice.

It gets maligned around the block and back, but it's a pretty solid album from start to finish, even with the inclusion of Bon Jovi. Vocally, he's fanfuckingtastic, and even though he'll never play with the Billion Dollar Babies again, he's pretty much on.

Just saying.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Trash and Dirty Diamonds are the only Cooper studio albums I don't have. Even if it is a decent record I am just not willing to let Bon Jovi into my CD collection in any way, shape or form.

mark t
01-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Trash and Dirty Diamonds are the only Cooper studio albums I don't have. Even if it is a decent record I am just not willing to let Bon Jovi into my CD collection in any way, shape or form.

Much as i love the album, I'm willing to accept your response.

Horace Cordier
01-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Much as i love the album, I'm willing to accept your response.

I'm not. :D

Seriously, I hate Bon Jovi (see I will not even put that punk's name in capitals like I do for every other band) beyond all reason, but "Trash" is a decent record.

And on COOPER's live versions of those songs they improve tremendously. "Poison" kicks ass live.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 01:14 AM
And on COOPER's live versions of those songs they improve tremendously. "Poison" kicks ass live.

Agreed. And since I have several concerts handy I don't need the studio versions. :D

mark t
01-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Wicked. Glad we could bond at this retarded hour of the morning.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 01:18 AM
All hail the Coop!

Horace Cordier
01-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Wicked. Glad we could bond at this retarded hour of the morning.

Was that a diss or a heartfelt display of brotherly love?

Cool either way. Are you loaded right now Mark? And what is the time in Canada anyway?

After this FOREIGNER cd ends I think its time for live A.C.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 01:21 AM
And BTW... over at sickthingsuk they say he has a new album in the works for 2007. Please God, let it be better than his last couple.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 01:23 AM

Make it fast, make it urgent!

sorry

mark t
01-31-2007, 01:24 AM
The coop is pretty cool!

mark t
01-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Was that a diss or a heartfelt display of brotherly love?

Cool either way. Are you loaded right now Mark? And what is the time in Canada anyway?

Well, it's almost 12:30..i don't think that there's a time chance from NYC. Although, i do wish that i was there instead of here......
I'm not loaded, but with the proper coaxing, i could be....

Horace Cordier
01-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Make it fast, make it urgent!

sorry

Ack. Its fake FOREIGNER as in "Live '05". No Lou Graham and some DOKKEN dude on bass and Jason Bonham on drums. Mick Jones is the only original member.

Christ, they even do a cover of "Whole Lotta Love". Weirdest thing is...

it 'aint half bad.

mark t
01-31-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm listening to Demonomania by the Misfits now. Alice was so 12 minutes ago...

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm listening to Demonomania by the Misfits now. Alice was so 12 minutes ago...

You are a man of good taste tonight. I am listening to some namby-pamby late era Nick Cave.

mark t
01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
That's alright. I'm not here to judge. MOds, change this thread to the title "Late night Brotherly Love Thread"

Horace Cordier
01-31-2007, 01:59 AM
That's alright. I'm not here to judge. MOds, change this thread to the title "Late night Brotherly Love Thread"

I'll judge myself...

pathetic.

I'm listening to "fake" FOREIGNER while you cats are playing cutting edge punk and deep music like Nick Cave.

My license to rock is thisclose to being revoked.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 02:02 AM
I'll judge myself...

pathetic.

I'm listening to "fake" FOREIGNER while you cats are playing cutting edge punk and deep music like Nick Cave.

My license to rock is thisclose to being revoked.

Sometimes you just gotta let your freak flag fly. It's all good.

mark t
01-31-2007, 02:03 AM
Word.

John G.
01-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh c'mon fellas... you can't sit there and tell me that you don't rock out to the sounds of "Runaway" and "Wanted, Dead or Alive."

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/thundergod111/th_AQUA_TEEN_HUNGER_FORCE_V3_D2-8.jpg

Horace Cordier
01-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh c'mon fellas... you can't sit there and tell me that you don't rock out to the sounds of "Runaway" and "Wanted, Dead or Alive."

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/thundergod111/th_AQUA_TEEN_HUNGER_FORCE_V3_D2-8.jpg

Yeah John, I can. :D

I do love the first MOTLEY CRUE album though!

John G.
01-31-2007, 11:10 AM
I do love the first MOTLEY CRUE album though!
Shout at the Devil is pretty tops too... those two albums are the definitive hair/pop metal albums at the 80s. I would be lying if I said I didn't own more... they're a bit of a guilty pleasure. :)

As for Motley, they kinda went downhill a bit with the glammy, but still occasionally (under the influence of alcohol) fun Theater of Pain, and even more so for the even less occasionally good, mostly vacuous but genre-defining Girls, Girls, Girls. They managed to get their shit together for a semi-comeback Dr. Feelgood, before fading away into obscurity after that. These days they are the true definition of "has-beens."