PDA

View Full Version : Hey Nick Cave fans, anyone got this?

Linn Haynes
01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results.php?product_code=1857293

This is the best price I've seen for the Grinderman project, but the limited edition is out. Just wondering if anyone's heard it yet? It got leaked on the net a month or so ago.

Chad Haden
01-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I've heard it, I like it quite a bit.

Kristian R
01-29-2007, 11:12 PM
The songs I have heard are rad.

Ian Jane
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm not completely sold on it yet, but I don't hate it.

mark t
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
What I like of Nick Cave's, I like a whole LOT, but what I don't like, I dislike IMMENSELY. This falls somewhere in the middle...I'm not too impressed.

Ian Jane
01-29-2007, 11:43 PM
It's certainly shit tons better than Nocturama, that's for sure.

Shawn S2
01-29-2007, 11:55 PM
i didnt realize it leaked yet but ill get it and respond after i hear it. i have liked the 2 songs that are on their myspace though his lyrics have gotten really really really bad since boatmans call, unless i just outgrew the once masterful Nick Cave.

Linn Haynes
01-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Well, being as I'm a huge fanboy of the guy, I've got to have it. Thanks for all the responses!

Ian Jane
01-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Well, being as I'm a huge fanboy of the guy, I've got to have it. Thanks for all the responses!

That's more or less where I stand on it too. He could make fart noises into a tape recorder and I'd probably buy it.

Linn Haynes
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM
That's more or less where I stand on it too. He could make fart noises into a tape recorder and I'd probably buy it.

LOL, I think I did! I got a boot a while back from a friend that had him playing songs at a party that was IMPOSSIBLE to understand. But yet there I was, listening with headphones. :)

Ian Jane
01-30-2007, 12:43 AM
LOL, I think I did! I got a boot a while back from a friend that had him playing songs at a party that was IMPOSSIBLE to understand. But yet there I was, listening with headphones. :)

I've got a ton of stuff like that too in various formats. Crappy handheld shot boot videos from the 80s, poorly recorded audience tape to CD-R transfers, and I'll continue to horde it.

Aaron G
01-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Nick Cave averages 2 good songs a record. Warren Ellis can get fucked, the same fucken violin drone every fucken record.

You should all check out THE DRONES and JAMES McCANN & the DIRTY SKIRT BAND, and get over Nick Cave coz he's a dull 80s act.

Linn Haynes
01-30-2007, 11:56 AM
His last album, Abattoir Blues / Lyre of Orpheus, a double album no less, was excellent IMO. It was the last thing I expected, as he had been on a down turn for a while. I still listen to it quite a bit.

Ian Jane
01-30-2007, 12:32 PM
His last album, Abattoir Blues / Lyre of Orpheus, a double album no less, was excellent IMO. It was the last thing I expected, as he had been on a down turn for a while. I still listen to it quite a bit.

I completely agree. I can't say it was a return to form, as he's changed a lot as an artist over the last ten years but AB/Lyre was a really solid effort and an interesting evolutionary step.

Kristian R
01-31-2007, 12:11 AM
AB/LoO was Cave's best album since Let Love In. Although I don't care for the Abattoir disk half as much as the Orpheus disk.