PDA

View Full Version : "Old School" Hockey Fans!

Bill Pissott
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Some videos I uploaded on to YouTube. Quality on some isn't the greatest but the footage is 20-30-40 years old so not much I could do about it. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=BDP62

Zane C.
01-17-2007, 11:37 PM
AWESOME! Thanks Bill! :D

Noland B.
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
"Old time hockey, coach! OLD TIME HOCKEY!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0FE2RGDzAo

Bill Pissott
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
AWESOME! Thanks Bill! :D

Sure thing. Love the "Slap Shot" clip too.

Lewis G.
01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks Bill.

Lewis G.
01-19-2007, 01:02 PM
God I miss the Nordiques!

Bill Pissott
01-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Lewis - Did you see the clip that included the Jodzio/Tardif footage? Familiar with that incident?

Lewis G.
01-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I have heard a lot about it but I was born in '77 so I didnt experience it back in the days. All I know is that Tardif was a talented player and he was never the same afterwards, he was in a coma for some time after the infamous cross-check and came back to play the next year I think. I like rough hockey but those cross-checks are kinda stupid. Tardif says he lost some interest in hockey afterwards and never talked to the guy again and only saw him in court(I dont know if it was the first on-ice incident that went to court). Old folks all tend to say it was much worse than the Bertuzzi thing. But old folks are sometimes nostalgic and biased. I'll ask my father about it someday , you piqued my curiosity.

Bill Pissott
01-19-2007, 01:27 PM
There are various stories about what happened and what complicates matters is that there is no footage of the actual hit. The only footage that seems to remain is what looks like 16MM film, shot in color by a fan or one of the coaches that shows the aftermath brawling. If you look at the aftermath brawling, you can see the Nordiques Gord Gallant kneeing a player on Calgary. It was so out of hand, you'll notice the police on the ice.

Many people claim the Nordiques erased the footage of Jodzio's hit because it wasn't as bad as they claimed it was. Hockeyfights.com has an interview with Jodzio. I'll try to locate it and post it. As for other incidents that went to court, I think there were a few including Eddie Shore/Ace Bailey in the 30's, Wayne Maki/Ted Green in 1969 and Dave Forbes/Henry Boucha in 1975.

Bill Pissott
01-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Here is the Jodzio interview.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69060

Ian Jane
01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
God I miss the Nordiques!

Vives les Habitants!

Lewis G.
01-19-2007, 03:26 PM
There are various stories about what happened and what complicates matters is that there is no footage of the actual hit. The only footage that seems to remain is what looks like 16MM film, shot in color by a fan or one of the coaches that shows the aftermath brawling. If you look at the aftermath brawling, you can see the Nordiques Gord Gallant kneeing a player on Calgary. It was so out of hand, you'll notice the police on the ice.

Many people claim the Nordiques erased the footage of Jodzio's hit because it wasn't as bad as they claimed it was. Hockeyfights.com has an interview with Jodzio. I'll try to locate it and post it. As for other incidents that went to court, I think there were a few including Eddie Shore/Ace Bailey in the 30's, Wayne Maki/Ted Green in 1969 and Dave Forbes/Henry Boucha in 1975.

I saw the kneeing, thats classic, imagine somebody doing it nowadays, I think even espn would talk about hockey if it happened :D . I never saw the hit, it might have been blown out of proportions a bit cuz people really liked Tardif. I dont mind hits and fights like I said but I have problems with cross-checks to the head out of nowhere and for no reason. Sure there has always been some stick hits or cross-checks in hockey but I just cant defend a player who does it when he could have bodychecked the guy or even beat him with his fists. Swinging a guy with the good ol' sherwood demands 0 skill, even I could do it.