PDA

View Full Version : Old school NYC Punk fans... ever hear of this?

J Fresta
01-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Has anybody ever heard of these guys? They have a pretty in depth story on their myspace about how the record company shelved their one and only album and now 30 years later they are finally releasing it.

there is a blog on there asking if anybody remembers them from the few years that they were together. i obviously dont... but is there anybody from our... ahem... older crowd that recalls them? :)

http://www.myspace.com/bleedingheartrepublic

Jesse G.
01-17-2007, 12:53 AM
alright, i did not read everthing on the myspace profile.

i'm 25 and my guess is these dudes are somwhere between my age and 35.

Jesse G.
01-17-2007, 01:10 AM
this actually pissed me off enough to post again. and who knows, maybe i'm just an asshole but here you go...

the first clip on their myspace sounds just like every other shitty indie-rock, dancy, post-punky band that has been pouring out of new york for about 6-7 fuckung years now.

the second clip sounded like people trying to imitate SUICIDE.

and thirdly, "drunken jam" i doubt that any label that shelved this masterpiece would let these guys have a drunken jam on their dime.

keep in mind, i totally did not even give this a chance.

also, if no one remembers them it is either because they fucking sucked major ass, or they simply were not there to begin with

BobG
01-17-2007, 01:13 AM
These guys should be into their 40s by now...but I suspect this is all a (fairly) clever hoax. :rolleyes:

J Fresta
01-17-2007, 01:23 AM
...actually.. it looks like one of them is dead. there goes that reunion.

the music itself is not really my cup of tea.