PDA

View Full Version : Louis C. K.

Wostry Ferenc
01-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Anybody seen his new HBO special? Fucking hilarious. I've seen every episode of his cancelled sitcom which I've found occasionally funny, but his standup is much better, in fact one of the best I've ever seen.

No wonder he is half hungarian...

Randy Thomas G
01-15-2007, 04:42 AM
I haven't seen his special but I mentioned on the Dane Cook thread that I think he's the best stand-up out there right now.

He performed on a young stand-up showcase hosted by Gary Shandling and killed. Every time I've seen him he's been great, actually. The TV show didn't look that great to me, just from the clips I've seen.

Some of his stand up is on youtube and his website:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KhHyy1dk4gw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KhHyy1dk4gw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

William R.
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I was never into the guy. His sitcom sucked, but people keep praising him. Hopefully his show pops up on On Demand and I'll give it a looky-loo.

Best stand up, pound for pound... Stanhope.

Wostry Ferenc
01-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Word (once he even promised me if I rope in enough people he'll come to Hungary to perform. :) ) But Louis CK isn't bad either.

J Dewey Wallis
01-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I made it a point to catch his special, and it was great. Always loved his stand-up, and his one hour special delivers.

Sorry to hear his show got cancelled. I didnt like it that much at first but kinda' warmed to it. Especially bad since there isnt much out there right now in terms of thirty min comedy shows that are worth watching. I wouldve liked to see a second season.

KennethR
01-17-2007, 10:47 AM
One of my favorite stand ups of all time and one of the reasons I started doing stand up.

He's also a really nice guy, whenever he's back in town here in Boston he'll usually show up at the alternative room and do sets for free and they are always great. He was also awsome out at Aspen last year hosting the dirty show.

Dane Cook stole a LOT of his material (as well as a few other Boston comics material, like Tony V)

Randy Thomas G
01-18-2007, 04:30 AM

I don't know if I've seen enough of his stand-up, but I do recognize him, I hope the stuff I found when I googled him about running for president for the Libertarian party is a joke, or else you'd have another instance of a comic taking himself too fucking seriously for his own good.

William R.
01-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I saw his special last night and found it to be pretty good. Some stuff didn't do much for me, but there were enough chuckles and a few sidesplitters to give it a seal of approval. I guess he can be considered one of the better comedians out there. I think most stand up is garbage, so at least he's not in the bottom 90%.

Wostry Ferenc
11-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Anybody see his new standup CHEWED UP? It's even better than the last one.

Marshall Crist
11-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Anybody see his new standup CHEWED UP? It's even better than the last one.

I believe that's the one I just saw. Rather good.

Josh S
11-02-2008, 03:05 AM
I've seen the last half of it twice. I'm not crazy about it.

Randy Thomas G
11-02-2008, 03:07 AM
I'll have to check it out.

J Dewey Wallis
11-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I liked Chewed Up. The last half about his family was a bit too on par with the similar closer on his HBO special. But, I guess like how most comedians end their sets with men&women dating/sex bits, he does his "Family is Hell/My daughter is an asshole" routine.

The first half was pretty killer, especially the health woes.

J Dewey Wallis
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I liked Chewed Up. The last half about his family was a bit too on par with the similar closer on his HBO special. But, I guess like how most comedians end their sets with men&women dating/sex bits, he does his "Family is Hell/My daughter is an asshole" routine.

The first half was pretty killer, especially the health woes.