PDA

View Full Version : I want to kill my modem.

Horace Cordier
01-11-2007, 03:30 AM
After days (fuck that, WEEKS) of bullshit with my scrap-heap of a computer taking hours to load even the simplest of web pages I have just about reached my limit.

So I called my cable/internet provider and was informed that the problem was that my modem had "reset" itself at the wrong level. Why the hell it did that I have no idea. To top it off, it will take those idiots at my cable company almost 2 weeks to send a tech over to fix this mess.

Right now I would like to do to my modem what Al Pacino does to that drug dealer in front of the Sun Ray Motel in SCARFACE: plant some hot lead in it and send that piece of shit to the fertilizer plant.

My computer is enraging me and my modem must die. It is taking an enormous amount of self-control not to do to my computer what I did to that misbehaving dvd player a while ago - put my boot through it and stomp on the shattered remains.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent.

Carry on.

Aaron G
01-11-2007, 03:45 AM
How did you post this rant if yr modem is fuct?

Fred Adelman
01-11-2007, 03:51 AM
HORACE CORDIER!!!!!

CALM DOWN!!!

PUT DOWN THE GUN AND COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD!!!

Modem Killer. :D

Horace Cordier
01-11-2007, 04:37 AM
How did you post this rant if yr modem is fuct?

Its not TOTALLY fucked - its running at the wrong speed, which means that things wil load (sometimes very slowly with lots of glitches requiring endless re-loads) and sometimes (like now) sort of ok.

Its like dealing with a tempermental diva - or Fred Adelman.

Aaron G
01-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Can't you configure it though the web interface, generally type in the web address 192.168.0.1 or something and you should be able to fiddle with it that way?

Horace Cordier
01-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Can't you configure it though the web interface, generally type in the web address 192.168.0.1 or something and you should be able to fiddle with it that way?

I could try that Aaron, but considering my techno-moron status I would probably make the computer explode.

I think I'll wait for the tech.

Fred Adelman
01-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I could try that Aaron, but considering my techno-moron status I would probably make the computer explode.

I think I'll wait for the tech.

Horace is a techno-moron! How will you survive in the future if you can't handle the technology?

I laugh at your techno-ignorance! :D

Seriously, though. Call the cable company and demand to talk to a supervisor. Tell him/her that you will drop their service if they don't send a tech over immediately. There's no reason why you should have to wait so long to get this fixed. You're still paying for the service, right? Then it should be running correctly.

Richard C
01-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Washing machine