PDA

View Full Version : Classic Country Poll Round 2: The Kershaws vs. The Louvins

Chad Haden
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
http://www.louisianamusicfactory.com/images/product/2628.jpg

http://www.phillyist.com/attachments/philly_jim/SatanIsReal07-13-06.jpg

I'm going with Charlie and Ira on this one, I mean "Cash On The Barrelhead", "The Christian Life", "Satan Is Real" and "The Kneeling Drunkard's Plea". Those are some damn good songs!

Ian Jane
01-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm going with Charlie and Ira on this one, I mean "Cash On The Barrelhead", "The Christian Life", "Satan Is Real" and "The Kneeling Drunkard's Plea". Those are some damn good songs!

Amen and amen.

Ian Miller
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Yep, SATAN IS REAL.

The Chad PROVES IT! The Louvins are bomb, in fact GREAT ATOMIC POWER is the bomb!

Ian Miller
01-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh, and don't forget I DON'T BELIEVE YOU'VE MET MY BABY, one of the eeriest dream songs ever.

Rusty and Doug fuckin' rule though. Just ask Buck and Don. If you could, that is.

Chad Haden
01-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Shit, I forgot about "Knoxville Girl"

J. Harte
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Anybody ever heard the solo CD Rusty cut not long before he died? KILLER.

Ian Miller
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
No! Do tell.

mark t
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Fuck, YES.

J. Harte
01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
The last thing Rusty did was called "Now & Then" on the obscuro Domino label. It is UNBELIEVABLY funky New Orleans swamp stuff--way more low-down than the stuff he did with his brother for Hickory or even the solo LP on Atlantic. Neil Young and his slide player Ben Keith play on it ( Art Neville from the Neville Bros is on it too). I read about it in "Shakey" the Neil Young bio. It's klnda hard to find but if you, it'll be cheap and snap it up. One of my all-time favorite records.

Randy Thomas G
01-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Their version of Knoxville Girl is the nastiest you will ever hear, but it is sung like it was a love ballad. SATAN IS REAL has to be the best country gospel album of all time, no? River of Jordan, There's A Higher Power (the Sadies often do this one live).

Plus one of the best covers ever. Apparently they use to get into fights on stage and a drunken Ira would smash his mandolin to pieces. :cool: