PDA

View Full Version : I Really Like Vodka

mark t
01-09-2007, 09:46 PM
When i was about 16 years old, i got drunk for the first time. For some reason, i was one of those kids who did drugs before they tried alcohol.

I was over at a friends' place, and we decided that we would get drunk. We called a friend of ours who was 19 (legal age), and had him come over so he could go and get us booze). WE handed him 60 dollars, and said, "go get whatever you can". He came back with a 40 oz bottle of vodka. Myk friend and i commenced to drinking. Having never drunk before, i assumed that you would feel that alcohol as soon as it hit your stomach. After downing a glass full of Absolut (about 6 shots worth), i declared myself unaffected, and thus having a "high tolerance to alcohol". He declared the same, and we proceeded to finish the 40 off in the next 20 minutes.

"Well," I did declare immediately afterwards...."What a waste of money". We hung out on the couch as friends began to show up, chatting and such. Someobdy pulled out a guitar and started playing a song....I said, "You're playing that in the wrong key". He asked me to school him, and i decided that i would...got off the couch, took one step, and my legs were suddenly not my own. I hit the basement floor at about 70 miles an hour, bouncing my head off concrete. Deciding to make another go of it, i got up, took another step, and crashed to the floor yet again. I made it up for a third time, suddenly decided that i was ill, and staggered over to the laundry sink where i vomited for about 4 hours before passing out (smacking my head off the floor again). Well, i woke up the next morning, covered in vomit, and the mere mention of vodka for the next 15 years was enough to give me heart palpitations.

But since a lady friend left a bottle here one night, i've decided that i do indeed like Vodka (mixed with coke)...it's a flavourful beverage that goes down easy , and makes me feel warm like Der Svede.

So, here's to vodka, who i didn't entertain for 15 years. Cheers, Mr. Made in Sweden....

http://www.dutyfreetunnel.com/images/products/alcohol/absolut.jpg

Jonny Redman
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
When i was about 16 years old, i got drunk for the first time. For some reason, i was one of those kids who did drugs before they tried alcohol.

I was over at a friends' place, and we decided that we would get drunk....

....got off the couch, took one step, and my legs were suddenly not my own. I hit the basement floor at about 70 miles an hour, bouncing my head off concrete. Deciding to make another go of it, i got up, took another step, and crashed to the floor yet again. I made it up for a third time, suddenly decided that i was ill, and staggered over to the laundry sink where i vomited for about 4 hours before passing out (smacking my head off the floor again). Well, i woke up the next morning, covered in vomit, and the mere mention of vodka for the next 15 years was enough to give me heart palpitations.

http://www.dutyfreetunnel.com/images/products/alcohol/absolut.jpg

I did pretty much the exact same thing as you Mark, except with me it was Gin. Oh how brave and carefree I thought I was as I downed the half bottle of Gin in a few gulps, I was 15 BTW... Tasted like shit but did nothing for me at all, looking for the instant high... Went my merry way around the party for about half an hour and then the next thing I knew I was out on the street spinning my tits off, trying to hold onto the floor... Apparently I'd told the Father of the Girl, who's party it was, to fuck off, quite loudly as everyone apart from me remembers it, and got booted out of the front door... I managed to charm my way back into the house and then proceeded to be sick all night under their staircase...

I never touched Gin again until a couple of years ago...

My favourite Vodka is Stoli BTW...

http://www.russianlegacy.com/catalog/images/soviet_collection/posters/B137.jpg

Alyss N.
01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Margaritas are my favorite, but besides those I'm all about the V. :cool:

Christoffer S
01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Vodka is good shit. I prefer it greatly to other strong liqours such as whiskey, rum etc. Perhaps because it has very little or no real taste, so it can easily be mixed with whatever else your drinking.

Mike Brown
01-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Ah, the demon juice. I have my vodka stories too.

Long ago, I discovered that if I want to have a good time and remember it, I need to stick to the beer.

Eric A
01-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Great story! I had a very similar incident with Yukon Jack at a young age. I drank about 75% of a bottle in about 30 minutes. All I remember is waking up in a crawlspace in my buddy's parents basement next to the hot water heater covered in puke and my pants pissed. I'm lucky I didn't die.

As for vodka, I like it but I prefer bourbon/whiskey and scotch.

Christoffer S
01-10-2007, 10:31 AM
, bouncing my head off concrete, and crashed to the floor yet again (smacking my head off the floor again).

This explains so much. ;)

Clint C
01-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I too have a similar story, only mine involves rye. I think it was Seagrams no.7, or some other cheap shit. Anyway, when I was around 15 a buddy and I polished off a bottle of rye in about a half hour. A little while later I was so drunk that I had lost all equilibrium and couldn't even sit in the patio chair my buddy had in his basement without falling over. I crashed into the basement's concrete floor numerous times, puked and passed out.

Noland B.
01-10-2007, 12:09 PM
The white liquors are my friend, w/o question - vodka, gin, sake, and blanco tequila.

If I get even a smell of anejo/yellow tequila I start to throw up in the back of my throat.

You should've been into vodka when you were out this way, Tolchheria. The Bend Distillery in Bend, OR, makes Cascade Lakes vodka (and gin) - some of the absolute best I've ever had.

My current fave vodka has gotta be Monopolowa, Polish potato vodka. Good stuff.

Tom K
01-10-2007, 05:08 PM
I too have a similar story, only mine involves rye. I think it was Seagrams no.7, or some other cheap shit. Anyway, when I was around 15 a buddy and I polished off a bottle of rye in about a half hour. A little while later I was so drunk that I had lost all equilibrium and couldn't even sit in the patio chair my buddy had in his basement without falling over. I crashed into the basement's concrete floor numerous times, puked and passed out.

Pretty much the thing happened to me with Seagrams 7...except I pretty much finished off a fifth, and was also fed shots of Wolfschmit Vodka...I had had some beers in between all that as well...Man was I sick...