PDA

View Full Version : The Going Off On A Tangent Thread

Fred Adelman
01-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I went to go see BLACK CHRISTMAS in the theater last week. After reading all the bad reviews on this board, I was hesitant about seeing it but my wife talked me into it. After about 10 minutes of watching it, I have to say I like orange juice, especially if it's cold. There's nothing like a nice cold glass of OJ in the morning. Special K and orange juice. Breakfast of champions. Speaking of champions, did you ever notice that the period at the end of a sentence is larger than the dot that is put on top of a lowercase "i"? Is that true or is is just a trick of the eye? My brain is active today. I wonder if it has anything to do with that green pill I took this morning? Speaking of pills, I think Toyboy and Chad are in love with each other. Not straight hetero man-love, but "diddle my ass with your middle finger" love. Does anyone else get this vibe?

Scott Ruhl
01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah I smell ya'. I one hand I can hardly believe it's already Tuesday, on the other hand there's still three long work days left. When I go out tonight it'll be over before it starts but it's taking forever to get here. I'm not even thirsty but I need a drink of water. Damn that Rib sammich went down smooth.

John G.
01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I think a pink teddy bear is the best present to give to little girls for Christmas... the look of sheer joy in their faces when they unravel those gifts, perhaps similar to the sheer joy on the faces of necrophiliacs while they bone away a recently deceased corpse... I can only imagine the disgusting sound that such an act would make, probably the sound of someone shoving their fist into and out of a jar of peanut butter. Mmmmm, I love peanut butter sandwiches.

Mike Brown
01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Ribwiches are good, but I also like Pac-Man. I just bought a classic Namco collection last week for my PlayStation 2, and I'll probably be eating steak tonight if I play my cards right.

Travis Sheldon
01-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I can't seem to shake this damn cold I got for xmas.
My ears are both stopped up as if I am in a repeating cycle of going up and down in altitude.
Hopefully a few shots of Jagermeister and a whiskey sour (or three) will do the trick.

Ingolf Eskedahl
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Dvd Maniacs are turning in to a huge love-in pretty soon I reckon.
I´m listening to some Danish song about a girl who likes horses.
Ít´s kinda romantic...

http://www.gigafan.dk/tekster.htm#hestevisen

Conner H
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Jesus Christ, my head hurts. Too much exercise, not enough hydration. People should drink more water. I just got a badass live version of "Mother People" by the Mothers of Invention off Soulseek. Could possibly be even better than the studio version. Soulseek rules. Cathedral's cover of "Wheels of Confusion" isn't that great, but it's still fucking awesome considering who wrote the original. Seriously, has any band ever even come close to the greatness of Black Sabbath? Methinks not.

Fred Adelman
01-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Now we're rockin'! Speaking of rockin', has anyone climbed to the top of Pike's Peak? I heard it's breathtaking like sticking your tongue in a live electrical outlet while trying to remember your mother's maiden name. Is it hot in here or is it just me? What was that?

Jonny Redman
01-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Talking of being hot, I was just looking at a tea light I have lit by the side of my computer and wondered if it was/is possible to drop the molten wax from the little aluminium container into your mouth and spit out a hardened lump of wax without burning oneself in a bad way? How fast would the wax cool into a solid state in your mouth do you think?

http://www.lakelandlimited.co.uk/content/products/5/0/0/50009_normal.jpg

Fred Adelman
01-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Talking of being hot, I was just looking at a tea light I have lit by the side of my computer and wondered if it was/is possible to drop the molten wax from the little aluminium container into your mouth and spit out a hardened lump of wax without burning oneself in a bad way?

http://www.lakelandlimited.co.uk/content/products/5/0/0/50009_normal.jpg

GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Post pictures.

Preferably of the ambulance taking you away with a bandage on your tongue.

Jonny Redman
01-09-2007, 08:28 PM
GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Post pictures.

Preferably of the ambulance taking you away with a bandage on your tongue.

It shouldn't be that serious, should it? I've had hot wax dripped onto my nipples without any blisters so I'm thinking the damage will be minimal...

Fred Adelman
01-09-2007, 09:12 PM
It shouldn't be that serious, should it? I've had hot wax dripped onto my nipples without any blisters so I'm thinking the damage will be minimal...

Those are OIL-based candles!

Alyss N.
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
They
only come up to your knees,
Yet they're always friendly and they're ready to please.
I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
There's nine hundred million of them in the world today,
You'd better learn to like them, that's what I say.
I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
They come from a long way overseas,
But they're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please.
Verse: I like chinese food,
The waiters never are rude,
Think of the many things they've done to impress,
There's M
aoism, Taoism, I Ching and chess.
So I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
I like their tiny little trees,
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their
yin and yang-ese.
I like Chinese thought,
The wisdom that Confucious taught,
If Darwin is an
ything to shout about,
The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt.
So I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
They only come up to your knees,
Yet they're wise and they're witty, and they're ready to please.
I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
Their food is guaranteed to please,
A fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees.
I like Chinese,
I like Chinese,
I like their tiny little trees,
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-ese.
I like Chinese,
I like Chinese...

Jonny Redman
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Those are OIL-based candles!

Which? Tea Lights? So normal candles burn at a lower temp? Is that what you mean?

Fred Adelman
01-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Which? Tea Lights? So normal candles burn at a lower temp? Is that what you mean?

Yes, the tea lights are oil-based. They burn at a higer temperature and don't quite gel-up as quickly when poured on the skin.

I still want you to do it and post pictures, though. :D

Mike Brown
01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
When I woke up this morning, it's getting cold here. I was hungry so I took a pee. It all reminded me of that week in Texas when I was a bit younger. Back then, I could sleep all night without going to the bathroom once.

Gary Banks
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Sometimes I get so angry I could shit in your pants.:D

Mike T
01-10-2007, 09:41 AM
An email conversation I had with a girl at another store today (coz we were bored) doesn't get any more random or tangential than this:

Her: Emails have been a bit quiet!!! hope you're all busy. We are really quiet today!!
Me: It's relatively quiet over here too - apart from endless nonsense customers (ie: can you sit down for an hour and teach me ALL about my phone? Ah...no). Think I have miffed [X store], as I sent Tony numerous nonsense emails just for a lark...strange emails about herrings and such. He isn't talking to me now... :p
H: Goats
M: lemon flavoured umbrellas :D
H: Stripy jelly caterpillars
M (actually my part-timer subbing while I was busy): This morning I awoke to discover that all of my possessions had been stolen and replaced by exact duplicates……………
H: But were you wearing shoes?
M: It's bacon, marmalade & kittens for breakfast
H: Was your roof still there ……….. spam is yum
M: As the rubber horses gallop through fields of spaghetti, so too does this day come to a close :)
H: Midget on a tricycle

...which reminds me, have they found that missing plane in Indonesia yet?

Christoffer S
01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
So Mike... your job seems very rewarding and fun :D

Shaun C
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Why is it that I want films on dvd that I thought were crap on video.
They say money does'nt make you happy. It will make me f*****g ecstatic.
Has anyone ever had eye lazor surgery. ?
82+42= 17.5 because I say so.
Radish......A small pungent red skinned root vegetable which is eaten raw in salads.
Lychees are weird and should be banned.
You aint a man until you have a hole in your sock.
If birds can fly, then why can't cats?

Fred Adelman
01-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Why is it that I want films on dvd that I thought were crap on video.
They say money does'nt make you happy. It will make me f*****g ecstatic.
Has anyone ever had eye lazor surgery. ?
82+42= 17.5 because I say so.
Radish......A small pungent red skinned root vegetable which is eaten raw in salads.
Lychees are weird and should be banned.
You aint a man until you have a hole in your sock.
If birds can fly, then why can't cats?

All are valid questions. I just wish that I could give you the purple colored Kool-Aid I made. I tastes funny. Like almonds.

I just took a shit that looked like Rosa Parks.

My cat's pee tastes like vanilla Coke.

I think I just broke my arm by looking at it.

Mike Howlett
01-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I dropped a quarter out of my pocket today when I was getting into my car. I crawled on my belly under the car to retrieve it.

A penny, nickel or dime... no way! But this was a quarter.

Chad Haden
01-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I wish Dickies made boxer shorts, I'd buy them

Ian Miller
01-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I wish Shepler's made boxer shorts with a single pearl snap for the fly. Fancier ones could be embroidered.

Chad Haden
01-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I wish Shepler's made boxer shorts with a single pearl snap for the fly. Fancier ones could be embroidered.

That would be the bossest thing ever!

Imagine if there were Nudie boxer shorts

Ian Miller
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
So you could bejewel your jewels!

Fred Adelman
01-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I dropped a quarter out of my pocket today when I was getting into my car. I crawled on my belly under the car to retrieve it.

A penny, nickel or dime... no way! But this was a quarter.

You, my friend, are frugal.

Speaking of Jews, did anyone notice that when you try to catch your breath, you can't? It doesn't happen all the times you don't try to catch your breath.

I smell a conspiracy.

Or I just need a shower.

Mike Brown
01-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I've been thinking about that and all I've got to say is this - did somebody cut one?

J Dewey Wallis
01-11-2007, 02:59 PM
So far today, I've made muffins, reheated some chicken and rice casserole, and started a stew for tonight. At htis rate, I should have a freaking bakesale... Bakesale was a good Sebadoh album... Speaking of bakesales, remember that Kids in the Hall skit about the mayor at a county fair judging the jam and he picks one and an old woman shouts "You chose a child molesters jam!"? That shit was funny... And speaking of jam, my old band began as a post-rock jam band, which means that we diddled around some careful melody for 15-20 minutes that eventually dissolved into a wall of feedback. God I love guitars making noise.. Speaking of feedback, how did you like my tangent?... Tangent... Tangerine Dream... The Dream Team.. Micheal Keaton... Cancer.

Chad Haden
01-11-2007, 03:10 PM
So you could bejewel your jewels!

"I got balls that jingle jangle jingle"

Earl Roesel
01-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I had a dream last night, but it wasn't good like Martin Luther King's and for that I thank my Aunt Belinda. Kali rest her cervix. I'm going to the living end for the remainder of the day.

Matt A
07-10-2009, 12:03 AM
That's right.

Aleck Bennett
07-10-2009, 12:05 AM
http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/I_like_that_ZING.gif

Kristian R
07-10-2009, 12:07 AM
It smellls kind of musty in here but it's got plenty of space. :)

Matt A
07-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Fresh coat of paint, some new blinds, a couple plants...could be cozy.

Aleck Bennett
07-10-2009, 12:08 AM
It smellls kind of musty in here but it's got plenty of space. :)

Pervert.

Barry M.
07-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Pervert.

Roll call, good idea.

Present.

Aleck Bennett
07-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Present.

Fuutre.

Barry M.
07-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Fantasiafest update: hotel room has a bidet, eh. I feel like I'm in a Henry Miller novel. Bob & Doug would've rocked Anais' world.

Jeffrey Allen Rydell
07-10-2009, 01:15 AM
I just took a shit that looked like Rosa Parks.
Once on the internet, always on the internet.

This board's gone to hell.

Jeffrey Allen Rydell
07-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Barry, change it back, goddammit

Fred Adelman
07-10-2009, 02:10 AM

Yes it has. At least I didn't disguise this thread as anything but a mindless tangent thread at nobody's expense. I find the attempt of making my old thread the new Off Topic juggernaut kind of funny, especially since Matt sent me a PM that congratulated me on getting his thread closed down. All in good fun, you know. That is, if you skip your medication.

If this is his idea of retribution, it's lame. "Hijacking" seems to be his middle name. How long did it take for you to find this old thread, Matt?

Oh, and Jeff: Thanks for the input, but I have nothing to be ashamed of in this thread. Like I said, it was all in good fun at at no one's expense. Can you say the same thing about the other thread? Did you even post on it?

Aleck Bennett
07-10-2009, 02:30 AM

Carefully worded.

Fred Adelman
07-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Carefully worded.

That's the problem. This forum has become more interested in innuendo and snarky back-handed remarks than actually speaking your mind and saying what you feel.

I'm bringing the frankness back. If you don't like it, then get outta my way! I know where your allegiance lays, Aleck, so if you have something to say, speak your mind! Who knows, it just might catch on.