PDA

View Full Version : Me And My Daughter

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Been at Maniacs for a long, long time now and don't think I ever posted a pic of myself. Maybe it's about time. This is me and my Daughter from a few years ago from the Outer Banks in North Carolina. My hair was in a bit of a longish stage at that point but at least now you can put a face to the name if you wish.

mark t
01-07-2007, 11:57 AM
It's about bloody time!

Nice picture, Bill. Your daughter's a cutie.

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks T. She bought me that AC/DC shirt :)

She looks somewhat different now. In the ensuing years since that pic was snapped, she has somewhat thinned out a bit and lost some baby fat and her hair is longer. Shit, the kid will be 12 this coming October!

Alyss N.
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
She's cute. Can't say the same about you. Haha... kidding. :p

Jonathan Douglas
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Bill, this is weird, you're just like I imagined, seriously! :)

John G.
01-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I think it's about time I posted a picture of myself as well, huh?

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Bill, this is weird, you're just like I imagined, seriously! :)

That's a little spooky man. For real?

Gargo - Do it bro.

Bård Haugland
01-07-2007, 12:46 PM
About how I imagined you, Bill. You seem like a nice man. Your daughter seems like a nice girl too. :)

Christoffer S
01-07-2007, 12:47 PM
You dont look at all like I imagined! :eek:

Why is that? Is it to spite me? :D

Alyss N.
01-07-2007, 12:52 PM
It's funny how people (myself included) expect people to look some certain way based on their assumed personality.

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
About how I imagined you, Bill. You seem like a nice man. Your daughter seems like a nice girl too. :)

Thanks Bard.

Swede - How did u imagine me?

Christoffer S
01-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Not like that !

Only the glasses are spot on! :D

Alyss N.
01-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Swede - How did u imagine me?

If he says naked with a cherry on top, I'm leaving.

Mike Howlett
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Very nice pic Bill... a couple o' cuties!

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Not like that !

Only the glasses are spot on! :D

You're just pissed 'cause the picture isn't good enough to show off my hockey battle scars :)

Howlett - Thanks man!

John G.
01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Gargo - Do it bro.
I'd do it but I have no scanner or digital camera.

Cool picture by the way.

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks.

Jonathan Douglas
01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
That's a little spooky man. For real?

Yep kind of, or there about, you're very youthful for your advanced age. That is very important for us oldtimers. ;)

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Yep kind of, or there about, you're very youthful for your advanced age. That is very important for us oldtimers. ;)

I hear that all the time despite the grey chin hairs :)

Thanks.

Alex E.
01-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Very nice picture. You're exactly the way I pictured you to be after joining this forum and getting to know a few of the member's personalities. A pleasant easy going person with a family. :)

Andrew Monroe
01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that`s a nice pic there Bill! Your daughter looks very happy with her old man. And yes, you do somehow look much like I pictured you (that`s a compliment, btw).

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you gentlemen. Yeah, she is definitely Daddy's girl. My Wife shakes her head a lot and tells me that she is waaaaaaay too much like her Father :)

Ingolf Eskedahl
01-07-2007, 02:51 PM
That is a photo to warm the heart, daughters are the best!
Best wishes to all of you Mr. Pissott.

Mike P
01-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Kinda like I imagined only a lot bigger. Like you could kick some ass. I imagined you kinda skinny, but the glasses are, as the suede said, spot on.

Earl Roesel
01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
A very sweet pic, Bill. You're possessed of a benign countenance, methinks.

Damian P
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Been at Maniacs for a long, long time now and don't think I ever posted a pic of myself.

Cute pic. You look younger than I imagined.

Clint C
01-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Nice picture. You look fairly close to what I imagined.

Jesper Maintz
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Dammit, I dont even know what I imagined!

But nice pic, and its always nice to see what the members look like IRL - thanks, Bill! :)

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Sure thing Maintz and thanks to all you guys for the kind words. Probably should have done it sooner but better late then never :)

Ray Kanne
01-07-2007, 06:38 PM
What a nice picture! You look somewhat how I imagined as well. I imagined you with a little more beard but otherwice the same. You look just as mild and friendly as you do in writing. How's you're daughters musical career moving along? Any news? ;) :)

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks Ray.

She still plays. Pretty much everyday. Childhood friendships being what they are, especially among girls, has forced the end to her band but she still writes and plays and hopes to jam with some of her friends down the road.

Alyss N.
01-07-2007, 06:56 PM
She still plays. Pretty much everyday. Childhood friendships being what they are, especially among girls, has forced the end to her band but she still writes and plays and hopes to jam with some of her friends down the road.

That's awesome! She sounds like one cool little chickie! :cool:

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 07:20 PM
That's awesome! She sounds like one cool little chickie! :cool:

Thanks. She's a trip.

Paul Casey
01-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Whoa! Finally!

Nice Pic, Bill!

Ray Kanne
01-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks Ray.

That's very cool she's still playing and having fun allthough the band deal went sour. Must be impossible keeping a girl band together; especially at that age. I have a niese roughly her age, she's 11, and she changes friends like most people change underwear. Ypur daughter is probably gonna hook up with some other kids and form a band again in no time though. With her playing and rehearsing so much she should be quite the item for any band out there! She'll find some pals to jam with in no time.

Gary Banks
01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Cool pic. :D

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
That's very cool she's still playing and having fun allthough the band deal went sour. Must be impossible keeping a girl band together; especially at that age. I have a niese roughly her age, she's 11, and she changes friends like most people change underwear. Ypur daughter is probably gonna hook up with some other kids and form a band again in no time though. With her playing and rehearsing so much she should be quite the item for any band out there! She'll find some pals to jam with in no time.

I think she will. She play's once in a blue moon with a couple of other kids but the good thing about it is she enjoys playing solo also. It wasn't only a falling out with a couple of friends but two of the dudes in the band moved to Florida. She was crushed :)

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Gracias fellas.

David Huber
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey, it's about time Bill! Did the wife finally give you permission? :)

Seriously, nice pic. I love a good father/daughter picture, seeing as how I've got a few of them myself :)

Bill Pissott
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey, it's about time Bill! Did the wife finally give you permission? :)

Seriously, nice pic. I love a good father/daughter picture, seeing as how I've got a few of them myself :)

How did I know you'd get a kick out of that Huber? :)

And yes, the wife said it was ok.

Zane C.
01-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Nice to see a pic of you and some family, Bill! It's always nice to put a face to a name! I've been on here a while (back from your MidnightSoulTaker days), and that's the first time I've seen a pic of you! I totally thought you'd wear glasses and look laid back, which you do! I must say, though, that was a lucky guess on my part, as I usually never guess what folks look like!

I also need to invest in a decent scanner and post a pic, I suppose. Just never thought about it! Oh well, there's always that fishing pic of "me" that Matt Allison posted, as well as my drummer "dad" in the band photo! :eek: Joking!

Until that time, my visage will remain shrouded in mystery! (cue evil laugh!)Mwwahahahaha! :D

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 01:27 AM
You are a mystery Zane. I have to admit, I've wondered what you look like, especially considering we get along very well and have sent each other stuff. So, what is this fishing pic you refer to?

Zane C.
01-08-2007, 01:47 AM
You are a mystery Zane. I have to admit, I've wondered what you look like, especially considering we get along very well and have sent each other stuff. So, what is this fishing pic you refer to?

Oh, Matt Allison picked a random photo of some guy fishing in an old joke thread, and that was "me". I can't remember the exact thread! Hahaha!

I'll have to get around to posting a pic of my mug on here one of these days!

You're absolutely right about getting along, Bill! You're a good guy with great taste in music and films! Anyone that likes the Allmans, Skynyrd, and Spaghetti Westerns AND hockey is a darn fine person in my books! Back atcha, Bill! :D

Aaron G
01-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Nice pic Bill..you've almost made me wanna post a pic of me and my daughter!

Mike Brown
01-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, hi there Bill. Good to see you!

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh, Matt Allison picked a random photo of some guy fishing in an old joke thread, and that was "me". I can't remember the exact thread! Hahaha!

I'll have to get around to posting a pic of my mug on here one of these days!

You're absolutely right about getting along, Bill! You're a good guy with great taste in music and films! Anyone that likes the Allmans, Skynyrd, and Spaghetti Westerns AND hockey is a darn fine person in my books! Back atcha, Bill! :D

Thanks buddy. My new avatar and quote is in dedication to all us hockey warriors :)

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Nice pic Bill..you've almost made me wanna post a pic of me and my daughter!

Go ahead man :)

Mike - Thanks bro.

Troy Howarth
01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Nice pic, Bill.

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks!

Chad Haden
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Get a haircut ya hippie! ;)

Honestly Bill, that's an adorable pic and your daughter's got a cool dad.

Ian Jane
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
It is a nice picture, very 'in the moment' looking, that kind of impromptu composition that just works even though you know it probably wasn't planned that way. I like family pictures that look like that, less formal than posed portraits.

I'm rambling.

Sort of on topic, we've had a lot of new members laterly. Maybe we should start a 'what do you look like' thread and make it sticky in off topic?

Ian Miller
01-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, mandatory! heh heh.

Ian Jane
01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, mandatory! heh heh.

I nominate you as the man to start it.

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Get a haircut ya hippie! ;)

Honestly Bill, that's an adorable pic and your daughter's got a cool dad.

Thanks Chad :)

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
It is a nice picture, very 'in the moment' looking, that kind of impromptu composition that just works even though you know it probably wasn't planned that way. I like family pictures that look like that, less formal than posed portraits.

Thanks Mr. Jane!

Ian Miller
01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I nominate you as the man to start it.

Done! Inspired by Bill's forthcomingness, LET THE NEW YEAR AT MANIACS BEGIN!!

Chad Haden
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks Chad :)

Can't go wrong with an AC/DC shirt :)

Andy Copp
01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Great pic Bill! Good to put a face with a name.

My Avatar is unfortunately me...

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Can't go wrong with an AC/DC shirt :)

It's one of my favorites.

Andy - You look like my buddy Nick that I used to go to high school with. :)