PDA

View Full Version : Help get my cousin off my ass! This thread involves Charles Bronson btw.

Horace Cordier
01-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Ok help me out here guys. My cousin who has written some scripts, teaches acting and married a beautiful Italian woman (impressed yet? It gets better...), wants me to pass the word on his blog which he would like people to check out.

But why, you ask? Well, the man WROTE A CHARLES BRONSON movie. He knew and HUNG OUT with Bronson on a movie set - for cryin' out loud. He wrote THE EVIL THAT MEN DO and cast 10 TO MIDNIGHT. If you ask nicely, maybe I can even get the guy to post some Bronson stories.

Here is the link: http://the-fools-journey.blogspot.com/

His name is John Crowther and he also wrote KILL AND KILL AGAIN, had dealings back in the day with Canon Films, knew Sho Koshugi, wrote 1 line of dialog for MISSING IN ACTION, speaks fluent Italian and has lived and worked in that hallowed land.

Now I need to amp up the pressure to get him to join this zoo.

BobG
01-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Post a picture of his wife, dude...

Horace Cordier
01-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Post a picture of his wife, dude...

That would be a great way to get my ass kicked Bob - you trying to get me in trouble here? :D

Fred Adelman
01-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Ok help me out here guys. My cousin who has written some scripts, teaches acting and married a beautiful Italian woman (impressed yet? It gets better...), wants me to pass the word on his blog which he would like people to check out.

But why, you ask? Well, the man WROTE A CHARLES BRONSON movie. He knew and HUNG OUT with Bronson on a movie set - for cryin' out loud. He wrote THE EVIL THAT MEN DO and cast 10 TO MIDNIGHT. If you ask nicely, maybe I can even get the guy to post some Bronson stories.

His name is John Crowther and he also wrote KILL AND KILL AGAIN, had dealings back in the day with Canon Films, knew Sho Koshugi, wrote 1 line of dialog for MISSING IN ACTION, speaks fluent Italian and has lived and worked in that hallowed land.

So, he wrote the scene in EVIL where the journalist gets tortured by getting electrocuted through his nads? Sweet!

EVIL is my second favorite Bronson film, just behind 10 TO MIDNIGHT.

Ha! Ha! There's somebody better in Horace's family other than Horace! I suddenly feel superior. :D

Aaron G
01-07-2007, 04:20 AM
His blog is odd.

check mine out.

Jonathan Douglas
01-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Why have you never told us this before, Horace? Now we're all jealous. Which movie set was it btw, TETMD by any chance? Did he also meet the evil Dr. Molloch himself? Interestingly, I have both Bronson's and Maher's autographs myself.

http://www.filmhai.de/kino/kinoplakat/bilder_0007/liquidator/gallery1/liquidator_001.jpg

Earl Roesel
01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Cripes! My father's ex-wife was in NIGHT OF THE LEUPS but that's nothing compared to this famous relation revelation! I'd love to hear some firsthand accounts about Charlie.

Paul Casey
01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Better yet, he wrote that scene where Bronson incapacitates that giant by squeezing onto his fuckin' hogan?

Fred Adelman
01-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Better yet, he wrote that scene where Bronson incapacitates that giant by squeezing onto his fuckin' hogan?

His fuckin' hogan? Isn't that redundant? :p

Zane C.
01-08-2007, 12:20 AM

Cool, Horace! I'll bet if you tell your cousin that there's folks here that would like to hear about his experiences in the film biz, he'd probably join. These kind of personal accounts are usually really interesting. I know I'd like to hear about his experiences. TETMD is a good flick; in fact I just bought it a couple of days ago! In my neck of the woods, it's hard to come by on DVD, so I bought it when I saw it. His other projects sound cool as well. Try to convince him to join, Horace!

Scott Ruhl
01-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah, if you can, get him to sign-up over here. Maybe start a Q&A thread or sumpthin', I'd love to hear about his experiences writing the Bronson flicks.

Horace Cordier
01-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I just spoke to my cousin and he does have a lot of Bronson stories, but he tried to sign up and never received the confirmation email. Hopefully he will try again and get this sorted out so he can share with you guys.