PDA

View Full Version : Plasma vs LCD vs FLAT Tube

Aaron G
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Whats the best image quality out of these hi-tech formats (assuming all HD and Progressive scan units?)

I mean Flat Tubes aren't as big but some of the bigger ones seem to have nice image quality.

Whats the skinny?

Alex D
01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Whats the best image quality out of these hi-tech formats (assuming all HD and Progressive scan units?)

I mean Flat Tubes aren't as big but some of the bigger ones seem to have nice image quality.

Whats the skinny?

Flat Tube? I know that Samsung have released a slimfit HD CRT in the UK, but it is riddled with problems (geometary etc.) which is directly attributed to the slimfit design

It all depends on what you need. Are you going to be viewing HD material? Do you need a panel that supports full 1080p? Are you happy with 1080i/ 720p? I'm sticking with my Sharp PAL optmised (LCD) panel for now (540p) and I'm watching the HDTV situation with great scrutiny. I'd never consider a Plasma due to the screen burn issue (gaming is out of the question with those suckers)

If you're only going to be viewing HD material then a HD LCD will be ideal. Although, we'll have new technology introduced in the next year or so (SED) which will blow LCD out of the water...