PDA

View Full Version : Canada wins the World Juniors!

Clint C
01-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Take that, rest of the hockey world. :D

Ian Jane
01-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Huzzah!

Kieran M
01-05-2007, 04:20 PM
http://sharonb.hypermart.net/candflg.gif
ROCK!

Josh S
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
How preciously inferior.

What are the world juniors? Is it like kids or minor league or what?

Ian Jane
01-05-2007, 04:57 PM
What it is, is the future of hockey.

Bitch.

Alex D
01-05-2007, 05:51 PM
It's not hockey if there wasn't a fight. Was there?

Zane C.
01-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Great Game! I just caught a bit of it, but nice to see them win! Good work!!

Noland B.
01-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey, congrats to 'em. I'm just glad the US didn't embarrass themselves, ya' know?

Christoffer S
01-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Is it just me or doesnt Canada meat Soviet/Russia in every fucking junior final?

Zane C.
01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Is it just me or doesnt Canada meat Soviet/Russia in every fucking junior final?

Yep, and Canada usually hands Russia's ass to them as well. :D

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm not really into the WJC because, well, it's not televised here in the States. But, kudos to Canada for a nice win and I hear that game against the US that went to a shootout was phenomenal.

Zane C.
01-08-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm not really into the WJC because, well, it's not televised here in the States. But, kudos to Canada for a nice win and I hear that game against the US that went to a shootout was phenomenal.

It was a great shootout, Bill! There was quite a bit of tension, and it could have went either way, really. Glad it went Canada's way, though!

Do you have satellite, Bill? Canadian channels like CBC (if you get it) would carry this. Programming is probably different, though. For example, we can't get Turner Classic Movies here in my part of Alberta. And I want that channel!!

Clint C
01-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, it was an incredible game that could have gone either way. The US played well.

tsn.ca was streaming the tournament's later games live on their website. I watched the Canada/US game on my computer at work.

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
It was a great shootout, Bill! There was quite a bit of tension, and it could have went either way, really. Glad it went Canada's way, though!

Do you have satellite, Bill? Canadian channels like CBC (if you get it) would carry this. Programming is probably different, though. For example, we can't get Turner Classic Movies here in my part of Alberta. And I want that channel!!

Zane, I have Directv and NHL Center Ice so I get channels like CBC, RDS, TSN and Sportsnet but only during the Center Ice telecasts. Trust me, if they made it an option to purchase those stations on a regular basis, I would do it.

Bill Pissott
01-08-2007, 09:16 AM
tsn.ca was streaming the tournament's later games live on their website. I watched the Canada/US game on my computer at work.

Yeah, I did notice that but unfortunately, it would have been my head on a platter if I tried watching it in work :)

Jari K
01-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Finland sucked ass this year.. :( I hope the current coach is fired, he´s a pussy.

Clint C
01-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I did notice that but unfortunately, it would have been my head on a platter if I tried watching it in work :)
Gotcha. I was able to watch it at work cause my boss was watching it too.

Bill Pissott
01-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Gotcha. I was able to watch it at work cause my boss was watching it too.

That is awesome. My boss is a sports fan too but he's a football guy. I wonder if I actually could have gotten away with it?