PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for a living?

Chad Haden
01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I know we've had these threads before but I'm curious.

I'm gonna be 27 in a few months and I have a shitty retail job and no idea what I want to do with my life. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night freaking out about it.

mark t
01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
I work for a school board as a network analyst. I'm under the impression that nobody ever really has an idea of what they really want, and they all wake up in the middle of the night freaking out about it.

If they don't, they've got issues. Nobody gets the brass ring, The Chad.

Chad Haden
01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Good point Tolchie!

Today I was talking to a friend of mine and we both realized our 10 year Reunion is next year and neither of us has done a fucking thing with our lives

Christoffer S
01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I try to do as little as possible. I want retirement. But I have never been especially sure of what I have wanted. My only real goal in life is to avoid getting up in the morning.

Scott Ruhl
01-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm a technical illustrator/designer for a company that produces large industrial food forming/slicing machines. 80-90% of the nations burgers, meat, etc., is formed or sliced on our machines. I work for the training department and help layout and do illustrations for the 1000+ page operating and maintenace manuals for said machines. I also do video production/editing for the sales dept.

The illustration work I do is akin to the stuff that you find in the manuals for your cars and major appliances only more involved.

On the opposite end is my comic and freelance illustration work that most of you've seen, very cartooney and colorful. While freelancing I've done full-page and spot illustrations for Hustler and High Society gentleman periodicals among others. That tye of stuff doesn't happen enough.

Kieran M
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm a manager in a warehouse that supplies product (DVDs, Games, Wireless handsets, marketing materials, etc...) approx. 300 video stores across Canada.
Great for keeping-up my DVD library, but otherwise...... Hate it.

Mike Brown
01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I run a small screen printing/embroidery business. It's pretty cool.

Josh S
01-04-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm a tech. It's not "what I wanted to do", but I love it.

Patrick B.
01-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I drive a truck. But im also gonna study more next year.

Elske McCain
01-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Exotic dancer/actor (yes finally getting paid for movies Hallelujah)

Paul Casey
01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I know we've had these threads before but I'm curious.

I'm gonna be 27 in a few months and I have a shitty retail job and no idea what I want to do with my life. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night freaking out about it.

I hear that! I'll be 27 in May.
I just left my job at a liquor store/deli that I've been at while in and since I've finished college. I work at an insurance agency now, but I don't know. I have to wear a shirt and tie, but the money isn't anything good. I'm still waiting on health insurance, so I'm not a real person yet. I fuckin' haven't been to the doctor since '98.
I think about it all the time and freak out. As Tolchie said, Chad, you're not alone.

Jesper Maintz
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I work as an editor for film and television - as a freelancer. That means, that when I dont work Im sitting home, smoking cigarettes and chatting with Swedish Joe. I hate commercial film and television, so I try to help the underground filmmakers out as much as I can - that way, I can make money editing shit TV and remain sane at the same time.

Ian Miller
01-04-2007, 06:10 PM
I run a small screen printing/embroidery business. It's pretty cool.

Will you make me a bad-ass Western shirt?

Oh, I currently toil at a phone job, but some months music pays pretty good. I'm 37, and I STILL don't have a fall-back that makes sense. I freak about it as well, but at least I have a passion.

mark t
01-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Miller, just for you, i'm going to post a Live AT the El Mocambo Video....soon....

Wostry Ferenc
01-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm a freelance journalist for several hungarian movie magazines on and offline. I just got my university degree in movie and tv producing, and was invited to do lectures on asian cinema at the most prestigious film college in Hungary (and that lead to several other invites from other colleges.) I also have a brand new production company, BLACK KITE PRODUCTIONS (we have no money and equipment, but several people in the movie industry want to work with us anyway - go figure.)

My latest job offer is from index.hu (the biggest hungarian news portal) to contribute to their culture section, and the same publication is going to send me to the film festivals in Udine, Karlovy Vary and Sitges to report.

Paul A J Lewis
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Mostly, I teach. I'm contracted to lecture in Higher Education. However, I also teach a few A Level classes (that's mostly 16-18 year olds, for those outside the UK). My degrees are in English literature and film studies, and mostly I teach students about cultural, historical and critical approaches to literature, film, theatre and television; there are other subjects that I teach, such as core academic research skills for undergraduate students, and I also deliver a unit on media censorship.

However, I'm also in the fourth year of my studies towards my PhD, and over the past couple of years I've reduced my teaching hours: I want to concentrate more on my studies, and in the six years since I've been teaching I've seen at least two of my colleagues (two people I consider good friends) suffer complete nervous breakdowns, thanks to the stress of their jobs. I don't want that to happen to me; I've already experienced problems with my blood pressure, which my doctor has suggested may very well be due to work-related stress.

I do like to do other things on the side though, and I have been known to deliver guest lectures at local film festivals, in exchange for either free DVDs or some cash (which inevitably gets spent on DVDs ;) ).

At the moment, our local cinema is also trying to start up a film club; hopefully, this will go ahead, and I'll be working on organising that, along with the chap who runs the business.

Nevertheless, I never wanted to get into teaching: it just happened that way. And even though I mostly enjoy my job, I too wake up some nights in a cold sweat, wondering if I've made the right choices and imagining what I could be doing.

However, at these times I always think of my job as simply a means to an end.

Jon Rollins
01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
I work at a science and engineering library as a "Digital Services Technician". This means I make scans from rare and fragile materials. Sometimes I get to make high resolution scans from rare books and that can be pretty cool. I also do a lot of data entry which sucks.

Alyss N.
01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, I was a teacher's assistant. I still like to consider myself that as I'm between jobs. I left my position to care for and homeschool a friend's son while she went through chemo/radiation. By the time she was done, it was October 2006 and no time to be looking for a school position. So, right now I doing different childcare jobs till I can start looking for a school position for Fall 2007.

I'm also in school as a Digital Media Arts major. So, God willing, one day I'll have a job in that field... hopefully web design, specifically.

Jennifer S.
01-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Fred Adelman
01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I used to work as a self-employed techie (I even worked with a fellow Maniac for a while), but my Bio-Chemistry degree sucked me back in again and I was offered a job in law enforcement for the Government. I took it.

Josh S
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I was offered a job in law enforcement for the Government. I took it.

Figures.

Actually, it doesn't. Were you not the guy who was trying to find an anarchy flag when you first joined Maniacs?

Aaron C
01-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I work as a Non-Production Store Manager at Ford Motor Company.

Alyss N.
01-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Figures your job would be non-productive. :p

Kidding. :D

Aaron C
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Figures your job would be non-productive. :p

Kidding. :D

Actually, I don't do shit. :)

Aaron G
01-04-2007, 09:06 PM
systems Support Officer that got downgraded (though they say it isn't a 'downgrading') to Desktop Support Officer. I'm over it. But I'm trying to get transferred to the multimedia area and help them make videos of the VC and digitise all their 1/4" videos that are starting to oxidise. I hope I get coz I don't know if I could stand being a Desktop shlepper

Aleck Bennett
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I used to be DVD Production Coordinator for a small DVD company, which meant that I basically oversaw the production of whatever DVD assignment came my way. I moved to Atlanta, which meant that they couldn't keep me on the payroll officially, so I'm technically an "independent contractor" but doing the same thing, except I get to do it out of my house, and work in my pajamas all day.

I also do a lot of writing for the same company (bios, production notes, etc.), but never got credit for it until just now. I wrote the liner notes for their upcoming release of the British TV Sweeney Todd adaptation (they got edited to hell and back by the in-house copy editor, so my bit on Andy Milligan's Bloodthirsty Butchers in particular doesn't really reflect how I initially wrote it, but still...), which'll be my first credited piece.

Chad Haden
01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Well at least we're all united in not knowing what the fuck we want to really do with our lives.

Except Adelman, he works for The Man

I was telling a friend today that I never bothered planning ahead because I expected either a. to be dead from misadventure by now or b. for the world to end on Jan. 1st 2000 and since neither came through then maybe I should come up with a gameplan

Fred Adelman
01-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Figures.

Actually, it doesn't. Were you not the guy who was trying to find an anarchy flag when you first joined Maniacs?

Shhhhhhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone that! :D

Fred Adelman
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Well at least we're all united in not knowing what the fuck we want to really do with our lives.

Except Adelman, he works for The Man

I was telling a friend today that I never bothered planning ahead because I expected either a. to be dead from misadventure by now or b. for the world to end on Jan. 1st 2000 and since neither came through then maybe I should come up with a gameplan

Yeah, getting drunk and stoned every day loses it's luster after a while. Waiting for the Apocalypse can get boring. I could probably get you a job in the Government testing out new vaccines or something.

You would have to sign a waiver. :p

Chad Haden
01-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Getting stoned every day lost it's luster when Clinton was barely into his 2nd term, I wouldn't mind testing new vaccines but I was really looking for something a bit more espionage.

Fred Adelman
01-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Getting stoned every day lost it's luster when Clinton was barely into his 2nd term, I wouldn't mind testing new vaccines but I was really looking for something a bit more espionage.

I could get you sent to Darfur as part of a peacekeeping force.

You would still have to sign a waiver.

Seriously though, my job is not glamorous at all. I get to see the worst society has to offer and come home and dream about it. When it stops bothering me is the day I quit. My wife does the same thing. Or friends call us Mr. & Mrs. Smith but that is not a fair assessment of what we actually do.

Lee O
01-04-2007, 11:57 PM
I've worked in industrial design for the last 6 years, and currently specialize UAV drones.

Damian P
01-05-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm a freelance journalist for several hungarian movie magazines on and offline. I just got my university degree in movie and tv producing, and was invited to do lectures on asian cinema at the most prestigious film college in Hungary (and that lead to several other invites from other colleges.) I also have a brand new production company, BLACK KITE PRODUCTIONS (we have no money and equipment, but several people in the movie industry want to work with us anyway - go figure.)

My latest job offer is from index.hu (the biggest hungarian news portal) to contribute to their culture section, and the same publication is going to send me to the film festivals in Udine, Karlovy Vary and Sitges to report.

Sometimes I wish I was Wostry.

I list/sell/ship a wide range of shit on ebay for a chain of Pawn shops. It's a good job for the time being. I even get benefits. I do freak out sometimes as I am getting on in years.

Ingolf Eskedahl
01-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Right now I ain´t doing nothing at all.
My last job was as a store manager, in the past I´ve been working at a mental institution, in a shelter for prostitutes, homeless people and junkies, as a camera man for a television station, at a sleep-in, freelance graphic designer, cartoonist, storyboard artist, poster designer, and God nows what....
Now I´m soon moving to Norway, and me and me wife are gonna set up some hippie thing of our own....

Tom R
01-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm an engin-nerd. :o

Mike Brown
01-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Will you make me a bad-ass Western shirt?

If you're talking Nudie style, I can't help you there. :D

Jason S
01-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I work in a radiopharmacy. Oddly enough I kind of like it, sadly some of the co-workers can be ummmm "trying". Not the best pay but the benefits are good.

Wostry Ferenc
01-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Sometimes I wish I was Wostry.

This is the first year in a long time that I agree - it's good to be me. :)

Mark C.
01-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I own a movieposter shop in a popular part of town, (all repros no originals). I'm also heavily into the music scene here, as a hobbie I run a small independent record label called www.littlewhorerecords.com, plus I own a large format printer and do graphic design on my spare time. Life is pretty good, it would be better only if the weather was more nicer where I live, our winters are too dam long.

Chad Haden
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I could get you sent to Darfur as part of a peacekeeping force.

You would still have to sign a waiver.

Where do I sign? Gimme a gun

MJKoven
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm a university lecturer (or for those outside of the UK, where they actually HAVE education, Assistant Professor - sounds so much better than Letcher... lecturer, I mean) - Film and Television studies. And for those who wish to denigrate Film, Television, Media Studies etc - Yes, It's true, I do sit around watching movies all day and then talking bullshit for hours on end. It's so much better than having a real job.

I'm 38 and am seriously fucked off with the idea of turning 40 soon. Least I'm not as old as Troy... :D

Mikel

William R.
01-05-2007, 04:06 PM
i work on ways to infiltrate the system and rip it apart from the inside. i specialize in giving immigrants from former soviet block countries the chance to exploit immigrants from non former soviet block countries. not to mention working on a way to get the swedish fonzie into the country through port elizabeth.

Clint C
01-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm an accountant.

Yeah, getting drunk and stoned every day loses it's luster after a while.

Getting stoned every day lost it's luster when Clinton was barely into his 2nd term
You guys are crazy. ;)

Scott Ruhl
01-05-2007, 04:18 PM
i work on ways to infiltrate the system and rip it apart from the inside. i specialize in giving immigrants from former soviet block countries the chance to exploit immigrants from non former soviet block countries. not to mention working on a way to get the swedish fonzie into the country through port elizabeth.

Working man, eh?

Mike Brown
01-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Working man, eh?

I'll bet he works like a motherfucker.

Wim C.
01-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I work for the Belgian government - department of health. Sit on my arse all day, drink free coffee and roam the internet. Taxpayers love me.

Alyss N.
01-05-2007, 06:31 PM
I work for the Belgian government -

What do they need one of those for?

Wim C.
01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
to employ the mentally challenged, I suppose.

Alex D
01-05-2007, 07:20 PM
to employ the mentally challenged, I suppose.

I work for the Welsh Assembly Government. Exciting times lay ahead. The Government of Wales Act 2006 means that our government will have the same powers, more or less, as Westminister. Basically, we are free to govern our own country!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Wales_Act_2006).

My job is within school statistics, Richard C will explain to you that this the most important job of all. His job is worthless

Aaron G
01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, getting drunk and stoned every day loses it's luster after a while. Waiting for the Apocalypse can get boring. I could probably get you a job in the Government testing out new vaccines or something.

You would have to sign a waiver. :p

Hey could you get me a job in the U.S of A...I wouldn't mind working there for a year or two!

Jonny Redman
01-05-2007, 07:48 PM
When I first left school at 16 I worked for my Dad, he owned 20 shops and market stalls selling bacon, cooked meats, pies and cheese. After 10 years of doing that I decided to quit and opened my own record shop, that lasted for a couple of years, the independent music selling business is a fucking thankless task, seriously low returns on records and CD's for small retailers...

So got a job at the, then, newly opened multiplex cinema in town as head of the floorstaff. Progressed to assistant Manager then went up into the Projection department. Of which I am now the boss.

I love my job. I only work one weekend in three and have three full days off a week... Life is sweet.

The only time I wake up in the middle of the night freaking out is when I remember some of the drunken shit I've posted on these boards...

John P
01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm a phlebotomist for an inner city hospital in good old Baltimore!
John

Jonny Redman
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm a phlebotomist for an inner city hospital in good old Baltimore!
John

A blood taker eh?

Ray Kanne
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I just got a new job about one and a half month ago. The place is called Plantasjen (The Plantation) and we sell all kinds of plants, garden appliances, garden furniture, furniture, candy, decorations and much more. I do different work every day. I'll handle sales, the register, do manual labour like moving soil, sand or griddle bags, drive a truck, sell Christmas trees, move Christmas trees around manually or by truck, find shelves, or more often, make or assemble shelves, sort out new deliveries, tend to plants ......
So far I quite like the job. It's definitely not boring and it can be one hell of a work out; and that's always good.
:)

Fred Adelman
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey could you get me a job in the U.S of A...I wouldn't mind working there for a year or two!

Get your Green Card and I'll hook you up. Unfortunately not having a Green Card is not an option.

You will have to sign two waivers.

(I did a background check on The Chad and I doubt I could get him a Government job as a sanitation engineer. Did you actually think that I wouldn't find out about your indescretions with a couple of farm animals when you were 19? I nearly threw up on my LCD screen!)

John P
01-05-2007, 10:22 PM
A blood taker eh?

Yep, the call me things like vampire, daywalker and shit like that.
Patients are never glad to see me....
John

Fred Adelman
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep, the call me things like vampire, daywalker and shit like that.
Patients are never glad to see me....
John

As long as you give me some orange juice and a cookie, I'm happy. :)

Andrew S
01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Right now I'm a stay-at-home husband. I clean the house and do the dishes. I rarely get dressed for the day. It's not as great as it sounds.

Chad Haden
01-05-2007, 11:23 PM

If you don't mind selling skin care products from the Dead Sea, I can get you a job

Chad Haden
01-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I did a background check on The Chad and I doubt I could get him a Government job as a sanitation engineer. Did you actually think that I wouldn't find out about your indescretions with a couple of farm animals when you were 19? I nearly threw up on my LCD screen!

That wasn't me, my friend gave them my name. The other shit was true though, when I ask for black tar then I expect black tar and if I get dicked around then you get shanked just like that dipshit in Juarez.

Aaron G
01-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Get your Green Card and I'll hook you up. Unfortunately not having a Green Card is not an option.

You will have to sign two waivers.

(I did a background check on The Chad and I doubt I could get him a Government job as a sanitation engineer. Did you actually think that I wouldn't find out about your indescretions with a couple of farm animals when you were 19? I nearly threw up on my LCD screen!)

Can't I get a sponsor or something? You only get a Green Card in a lottery! Can't I just get some sort of Visa for a year and renew it? Maybe I can marry one og the DVDManiacettes? Or how about a gay marriage, do they hold over in the U.S of A?

Aaron G
01-05-2007, 11:50 PM
If you don't mind selling skin care products from the Dead Sea, I can get you a job

I've been to the Dead Sea, and that doesn't sound half bad. Can I marry you? :p

Fred Adelman
01-06-2007, 12:03 AM

A match made in HELL! :D

jeff henry
01-06-2007, 09:18 AM
...the independent music selling business is a fucking thankless task, seriously low returns on records and CD's for small retailers...

Unfortunately, this is very true. A good friend of mine used to own a damn fine indie store in the town in live in - a COLLEGE TOWN - and he still had to close up shop after a few years of struggling. A lot of friends were trying to talk me into opening a store and there's no way i'd even consider it - not in these times when downloading seems to be the only way people aquire music.

I work for a major country radio station in Western MD. I'm a drive-time jock (on the air from 3-7pm Mon-Fri and Sat 1-7pm). In about two weeks i'll be "celebrating" my seventh year there - which is six and a half more years than i originally planned on staying. Truth is - i like my job. I hate the music (i'd love to see Toby Keith choke on his own vomit). When interviewed, my future boss asked if i even like the format - i told him the truth (which was I like the old stuff: Cash, Cline, Willie and JERRY effin REED). I also do commercial production there and sometimes write copy (yes, i even do race track ads for a local speedway - complete with reverb and other nasty effects to jazz it up...). I'm also the PSA director - i put public service announcements in our rotation and on our website. Every so often i get to interview people - Charlie Daniels, Keith Urban (long before he was Mr. Nicole Kidman) and John Waters (i'm proud to say i was the first person to broadcast Waters' voice on our station - which is (as the format suggests) pretty right-wing).

To maintain sanity and to keep up with non-country trends, I volunteer at the local university's radio station. This week marks my second anniversary and they gave me a wopping TWO hours (9-11 Thursday nights). I play whatever i want - which is a nice change of pace from the homogenise programming i put up with daily. The signal is not very powerful, but you can listen online at wfwm.org. My big deal there was interviewing Scott McCaughey of Young Fresh Fellows and Minus 5 (he has been R.E.M.'s extra guitarist for the last twelve years) last March.

I also teach English Composition part-time via the Upward Bound program (which is what i'm "doing" right now... (my students are writing and, well, so am I...). It's a small check - but it's something to put in my savings for a rainy day.

Richard C
01-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I work for the Welsh Assembly Government. Exciting times lay ahead. The Government of Wales Act 2006 means that our government will have the same powers, more or less, as Westminister. Basically, we are free to govern our own country!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Wales_Act_2006).

My job is within school statistics, Richard C will explain to you that this the most important job of all. His job is worthless
Stats my arse! Mr D sits around all day studying the details of young school children.... I also work in the Assembly but in a policy area which "sponsers" an ASPB (an Assembly Public Sponsored Body). I basically do all the admin work and help draft briefings/advice for the Ministers. It's boring as hell, crappy pay (which means I live with my parents) and I'm part of a divisional "re-structuring" - oh happy days!..... :D

Alyss N.
01-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Welshmen and sultans make me hot. :D

Alex D
01-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Welshmen and sultans make me hot. :D

I'm afraid that we're both quite pasty...

Tim Mayer
01-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Wales?
There is this huge area near the Main Line out of Philadelphia with all kinds of Welsh names. Gwyned, Tredyffrn, etc. Christ, I can't spell most of them correctly and I doubt the people who live there can either. Something to do with the area being settled by Welsh quakers in the 18th century.
Right now I'm still trying to get my own company off the ground. We sell ProCreate, an epoxy modeling compound used by the hobby and arts industry. You can visit our website at www.kraftmark.biz where it links to our Ebay store which sells ProCreate over the Net. We've also got a cool T-shirt you can buy as well. :) Remember: ProCreate, which can also be bought at our Ebay store here:

stores.ebay.com/The-Kraftmark-Company

Until this company takes off, I'm forced to work on the side. Currently, I work in Philadelphia at a friend's clothing store. Want a deal on a corset of waist cincher? I'm your man.

Remember: ProCreate, the finest modeling and sculpting compound in the freaking universe.

Alyss N.
01-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm part Welsh as my grandma was born there. Every Welsh guy I've known online has been super amazing. Okay, to be honest there was just one. But he made that damn good of an impression. :eek: *drools*

Incidentally, he worked for the Welsh government too. Does everyone there work for the government or is "I work for the Welsh government" undercover talk for "I'm a sheep pimp." Either is equally likely.

Alex D
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm part Welsh as my grandma was born there. Every Welsh guy I've known online has been super amazing. Okay, to be honest there was just one. But he made that damn good of an impression. :eek: *drools*

Incidentally, he worked for the Welsh government too. Does everyone there work for the government or is "I work for the Welsh government" undercover talk for "I'm a sheep pimp." Either is equally likely.

The Welsh people are the greatest race on earth. It's a fact. Check out the national anthem ('Land of our Fathers' in English) being sung at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff before we beat Ireland to claim the Six Nations Championship and the Grand Slam in 2005 (Rugby, of course). I know most of the words but I wish that I could actually speak Welsh

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wRRY8eDMSY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wRRY8eDMSY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

mark t
01-06-2007, 06:07 PM

Slightly OT, but this reminded me of something...i used to work for a corporate multimedia company. One of our clients was NATO, and they were having a "top secret" summit meeting in Toronto (the south building of the Toronto Convention Center was underground, and therefore, immune from bombing attacks). They had to do background checks on all of the technicians, and i failed. I have no criminal record, and even the guy who had a conviction for drug trafficking was allowed in. I was the only one who didn't pass...what do they know that i don't?

Christoffer S
01-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Excuse me? Welsh? Theyre no match for gods chosen serbians.

Infact, the welsh can barely speak. It is a fact.

Tom K
01-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Right now, I am a bum...

For the last 11 years, I worked for a major communications company...last 6 was as a manager, where I ran different repair operations...due to the selling of our facility, most of the repair work went south of the border...less employees, less management...

So I am currently a full time musician...

Still looking for work, however, this area is kind of blue collar, so I end up too overqualified...time to move back to the city me thinks...

Alyss N.
01-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Check out the national anthem ('Land of our Fathers' in English)...

I know it well. :)

We've got Welsh stuff all over the house. :)

Chad Haden
01-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Well, not in the commonwealth of Kentucky

Fred Adelman
01-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Slightly OT, but this reminded me of something...i used to work for a corporate multimedia company. One of our clients was NATO, and they were having a "top secret" summit meeting in Toronto (the south building of the Toronto Convention Center was underground, and therefore, immune from bombing attacks). They had to do background checks on all of the technicians, and i failed. I have no criminal record, and even the guy who had a conviction for drug trafficking was allowed in. I was the only one who didn't pass...what do they know that i don't?

It may not be anything about you, but something about one of your relatives or close friends (political affiliations, arrests for protests, etc.). I would look closer at that guy with the conviction for drug trafficking, though. It depends on how long ago he was arrested, but NATO shouldn't allow anyone with a felony arrest near them.

Bill Pissott
01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm an Accounts Manager for a small manufacturing company that distributes body care products. In my spare time, I do volunteer work for one of our local anti-pornography groups.

Aaron C
01-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm an Accounts Manager for a small manufacturing company that distributes body care products. In my spare time, I do volunteer work for one of our local anti-pornography groups.

Ah ha! That's why you didn't like Smut Palace Insanity!

On a serious note, I'm glad to hear of you contributing to society, Bill. I just hope you don't think too low of some of us who drain the life blood from it and peddles in as much smut as they can get. Half joking...or am I? :eek:

Alyss N.
01-06-2007, 09:12 PM
In my spare time, I do volunteer work for one of our local anti-pornography groups.

Really, dude? Really? o_O

Aaron C
01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Right now, I am a bum...

Still looking for work, however, this area is kind of blue collar, so I end up too overqualified...time to move back to the city me thinks...

You've got beer or three coming from me when we hit the con in March/April, my friend.

Alyss N.
01-06-2007, 09:24 PM
You know each other? :eek:

Bill Pissott
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Ah ha! That's why you didn't like Smut Palace Insanity!

On a serious note, I'm glad to hear of you contributing to society, Bill. I just hope you don't think too low of some of us who drain the life blood from it and peddles in as much smut as they can get. Half joking...or am I? :eek:

I'm just screwing around about the second part Aaron. A couple of beers will do that to me :)

Aaron C
01-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm just screwing around about the second part Aaron. A couple of beers will do that to me :)

God bless you. I'd come buy you one if I could make it back sober.

mark t
01-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Bill! I"m trying to PM/email you! Is it working?

Bill Pissott
01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Yes Tolch, I got your e-mail. I sent one back your way. It may be my Optimum Online acting up. I sent an e-mail to my Mother and it took an hour to get to her. She lives right downstairs from me.

Aaron C
01-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes Tolch, I got your e-mail. I sent one back your way. It may be my Optimum Online acting up. I sent an e-mail to my Mother and it took an hour to get to her. She lives right downstairs from me.

That's a golden post.

mark t
01-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Got it, Bill! Sent one back your way!

Richard C
01-07-2007, 09:53 AM
I know it well. :)

We've got Welsh stuff all over the house. :)
Got any of these?:

http://www.bigy.com/content/prod/i/var/leeks.jpg

http://www.npr.org/programs/wesun/features/2006/jan/mine/charlie200x150.jpg

Richard C
01-07-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.antique-antiques-uk.com/images/med_images/welsh_Dresser_antique_oak.jpg

http://www.roksport.com/acatalog/New_Welsh_Players_Shirt_lg.jpg

Alyss N.
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Sadly, no. :p

*bites you on the leek*

:D